OLTL: Discussion for the week November 1

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't see a re-write either. The only wonky thing so far is the ages of Rex and Natalie/Jessica. Today, Echo did not seem to imply that the "affair" was more than a one time fling. I was watching back in 1983, and I am listening carefully to see if the show tries to change what I actually saw.

• Members

Ok, quick explanation. Guza retconned L&L marriage to include Luke cheating on Laura with his old flame, Holly, and she got pregnant with Ethan. Gag. Worse, we learned that Laura knew Luke used hookers during their marriage.

The greatest supercouple of ALL time and Guza split on them in the vilest way and wrecked Luke forever. He's truly a disgusting pig of a heartless man now.

So forgive me, in THAT contrast, I just don't see RC expanding Echo/Clint established ONS into a few months as all that big a deal. There's no sign that Clint cheated regularly nor did he slobber all over Echo as Luke did Holly's return and there's no rewrite that Viki knew and approved his cheating either.

• Members

With the business of Dani being only a year or two younger than Starr and more than a few older than Jack, OLTL made it clear that proper age chronology is not something that they are at all concerned about. This show has its tongue firmly planted in its cheek and it thinks it can get away with stuff like that by being all witty and charming. ^_^

• Members

In the words of Sally Field: I want to know WWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHYYYYYYY? WWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???

When you constantly rewrite your own history you have nothing left. Surely the crippling of the Lord family over the last fifteen years told them what happens when you can't stop changing the past. But no, now it's time to do the same to the Buchanans. And for Rex. That's more like having your head planted up...

I still don't know why Danielle needed to be as old as she was. The show never had any real plans for her with Matthew, and I don't know if anyone, even Dani fans, like her story with Middle-Aged Man. She could have been 9 or 10 and they would never had had to bring in any of the stuff with boys, which people may be sick of anyway, after some of the crappy stories with Langston and Starr.

• Members

JPL and I are the same age IRL, but this is like me and AMC's Frankie. I was born late '70s, Frankie, early '80s, by the mid-late '80s he and Bobby Warner were older kids than I, on LOV/TC, Frankie was a 20-something when I was still a teen, and now he's like two years younger than me.

Are you trying to make me wake up the neighborhood?? :lol::lol: Settle down M'Lynn. ^_^

• Members

I think it was that and the stuff about Victor being a molester, which was very good drama, but seemed to open the floodgates.

I just wish they'd pick better things to rewrite. How about saying Tony Lord isn't dead and have Tina go find him to try to claim the Lord fortune? Or Gabrielle isn't dead? Or Melinda isn't dead and is just in hiding? Or Addie isn't invisible? Or RJ is now governor of Pennsylvania? Or Larry Wolek is Blair's father? Or Langston is a robot slowly being drained of life? Or that Meredith Lord is alive and well being kept secret by son Dan, and she's now sweet on the surface but a real bitch underneath, and is played by Lara Parker? Or Ursula returns and convinces everyone that she's Opal in town for a visit, while she secretly plots to blow up Llanview by putting an explosive bird's nest in Gigi's hair?

Or - the one that would, I truly believe, take OLTL to #1 and help them gain several million viewers - have Maria Roberts return from the dead, reveal herself as the Ford abuela, and as she sends a quivering Inez into a full mental collapse, reveals that she sent the Ford boys onto the show to torment the townspeople, most of all, Victoria's precious princess daughter Jessica?

And Nate is Al Roberts! Al never really died. He's been waiting and plotting his revenge on Asa, or the new Asa, Clint, for 25 years.

• Members

Actually I believe RC had a lot of plans for TnT vs B&N battling over Danielle/Matthew as he even previewed it for the spring but Frons gutted it. Frons wanted to play out his Kelly/Todd/Blair horrendous triangle which flopped miserably. The Fords brothers came in and replaced Cole, Markko and Matthew as the hunky teen brothers for the 3 teen girls.

Archived