OLTL: Discussion for the week November 1

• Members

OLTL has too many actors who kill scenes and people have to act around them. I think this is Frons's idea of what a leading man is supposed to be, but I often wonder if stories with Rex, Todd and John would be better if they were never actually oncamera and people just referenced them.

Tea: TODD IS THE LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!

Blair: No, Tawd is the love of MY life. And he'll tell you as soon as he gets off the comode!!!!

<commercial break>

Tea: I told you!

Blair: No, I told YOU!!!

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it's kind of sad viewers are reading Echo's declaration of Clint as Rex's father as fact. I wouldn't assume anything just yet, especially since Clint has been trying to sabotage Rex. Maybe it is because Rex's father is someone he's related to (hint: the comish of police)...Just speculation on my part, but I don't think Clint being Rex's father is a done deal.

• Members

:lol: Just hearing blair say "comode" made my evening. :D

I realize that KZ has swallowed her share of scenes in her day, but I guess I'm old fashioned. I think the vets deserve a certain degree of respect, it's not that they should dominate every scene, absolutely not, but let's honor and play them for all their strengths... what made them vets to begin with.

• Members

I agree with you about the vets, but unfortunately I think they live and die based on propping the pets. If they didn't have to jerk Clint around to help give story to other younger characters, he'd probably already be back in London, or he'd be holding Starr hostage and trying to rename Hope Corduroy.

• Members

The history of Nat, Jess, and Rex:

- Nat & Rex were siblings by Roxy, didn't know of existence of Jess

- Nat revealed to be real Viki/Clint child; no longer blood with Rex, Jess was supposedly Roxy's real child

- Nat & Jess are actually TWINS but by Clint and Mitch respectively; Rex was Roxy's still

- Rex wasn't Roxy's; Rex was Mitch's and ?, making him Jessica's brother, but still not Natalie's

- Rex wasn't Mitch's, so now he's not related to Jess again either

- Rex might be Clint's, which would make him Natalie's brother again, but NOT Jessica because she's not related to Clint

These three have been jerked around so much, it's no wonder they all don't just develop DID like Jess/Viki and start running around causing havoc everywhere.

- If Clint isn't really Rex's father like Echo says, then he won't be related to Jess or Nat... again, for the billionth time. Unless somehow Rex is Charlie's child- which would mean that Rex would be Natalie's ex-brother in law through Jared....

• Members

The more I think about Carl's suggestion for bringing back Maria Roberts, the more I like it. Why? 1) Maria, unlike Echo, was a character and antagonist of whom much of the audience still has warm, fuzzy memories; and 2) bringing her back from the dead (and as Inez's mom/the Ford brothers' grandma), while bordering on cliche, is not something that would "assassinate" anyone's character or blow history to kingdom come (save for the fact that we saw her die onscreen - which could easily be explained, since the idea of a poison that's absorbed through the skin always seemed more than a little wonky to some). Plus, it would tie in neatly w/ all the story that's going on right now. See how that works, ONE LIFE?

• Members

And Inez would be Cord's sister and Cord of course is Clint's son/Bo's nephew, the two dudes that are interested in Inez at the moment... if they brought Cord back from London and Andrea Evans Tina back from wherever the hell she is to tangle with Maria/meet Inez and company it could *potentially* make up for Andrea's meh last stint and be a decent summer s/l. Of course I hate the idea of it being a "summer s/l" if that means we get no Viki.

• Members

Not a fan of Papa Ford- the character or in the actor in the role of the character. Blech. He's not menacing at all! I bet Danielle could beat him up.

Still liking the Echo stuff.

I really enjoy the build up to the Tea's Not Dead Party... however, it seems far fetched that Todd would want to invite the Fords, REGARDLESS of how elated/happy he is about Tea's resurrection. But whatever- I guess it's just to start the set up of Todd finding out that the man who almost killed his two daughters is in town... thereby igniting a fued between them, and giving the Fords even more reason to exist...

They're definitely not giving up on the Fords, and if anything they are pushing them even more than they had been.

• Members

They're never going to stop. If they continue to stay, then I would rather see them involved with characters I enjoyed and who might help explain this family of mouthbreathers, instead of just throwing them at useless Danielle/Langston/Starr.

• Members

I'm a bit behind--I found today's episode largely silly (Dorian basically hiring a male hooker for Kelly and then her?! Back to the unisex steam room--did Kelly drive right there in her towel--the Cole stuff, the Paris silliness), but, I know I always complain, but I really enjoyed Monday's and the setup for this party. I hope the party lives up to the setup.

Archived