OLTL: Discussion for the week November 1

• Members

Ironically, I don't mind James either, I actually kind of like him. I even sort of cheered him on when he just layed it all out there for John the other day with his, "Because I want Starr for myself." I dug that bit of brutal honesty. Not a Cole fan (the actor annoys me more than the character) but not a Cole hater either, so I've been iffy about the James/Starr thing from the start. However, I do see James as more "harmless" compared to Ford because he serves a typical soap funcion, the new guy to turn the young heroine's head. You can catch it an hour earlier with Colby and Asher. Ford imo continues to be a square peg being pounded into the O in One Life.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh, Ford and Jessica CLEARLY did not do the deed that original episode. It's like this generation's Dorian/Victor heart medication retcon. :rolleyes: Oy, shame on me for even comparing the two. Now, Brody and Natalie? Oh they CLEARLY did it as shown by the thrust and Natalie's, "UhhhOHHH!" that they played on repeat. Ford and Jessica were just getting the potty stotted when she freaked the [!@#$%^&*] out.

• Members

I agree with most of what you said. I've given up on AMC so I can't compare those characters. I could not have said it better about Ford being the peg forced into the O. That exactly what it is. Maybe down the line that will change, but for now, I wish DG would get a movie deal or some series and leave OLTL.

• Members

Unless they are going to completely mess with history even more than they are, that cant be bc it would make him older than Nat and Jessica, which he is not. Rex had to be concieved sometime after they were born and Clint and Viki were together till she left him for Sloan in the 90s. For Clint to be Rex's father, it means he cheated on Viki and sending love letters alludes to an affair, not some random one night stand.

Id love that as Im a Clint/Viki fan but Ive given up hope bc the show seems to have put them in the past and Charlie seems to be it for her. I honestly cant even see Viki with this current Clint. He's too much of an a-hole and his actions and behavior would cause too much conflict for them to even be a viable couple. She's not one to just sit back and accept all the crap her man does. She speaks up and would call him out. The only way for him to avoid that would be to lie and keep secrets from her, bc she wouldnt condone him. Unless they change him and revert him back to the good guy that JVD was playing when he first took on the role, Viki and Clint have no future

I thought they alwayas left it open ended?

Thats just stupid and pisses me off to no end. I know people dont like the Todd/Viki relationship but it makes NO sense why she wouldnt be involved. She is supposed to be on friendly terms with Tea and she's always had a great relationship with Starr, not to mention Dani and Hope ARE also her family. Viki is running around acting like a pretentious bitch slinging threats at Echo when she'd be better utilized as a caring supporting aunt and friend to her loved ones who nearly got killed. I cant see her prioritizing Echo over them.

I hope Ford is the father, not bc I want him to be, but bc I dont want it to be Brody's. Id rather Jessica miscarry but that would be overkill at this point

• Members

Id rather it be one of those 2 as well. Heck, Id even go for the Ford father over Clint. I could see it being Bo's kid and Clint paid Echo off so she wouldnt have a stake in his family and their fortune

As for marriage, Clint and Viki were married from 1982-1985 and then 1986-1994

• Members

ICAM. The constant hammering of DAG/Ford as the go to wonderkind of the show got old real fast. He was introduced as a really nasty player and should have stayed bad to be the least bit interesting. Sweet Ford in love with stupid Langston is beyond disgusting and unrootable. Love the square peg in round O analagy. Agree James is much more likable even if the actor needs to grow into his craft.

• Members

I'd say Nate, James, Robert, and by no coincidence Nate is the least "Ford" of the three. How Inez acts like a kicked puppy who just came in from the rain whenever she's in a scene with Ford just drives me up the wall. I hate how pathetically she's written (and yes, acted) in order to prop Bobby. One can only imagine how that propping will progress

• Members

Chewap21: I thought they alwayas left [whether Jessica and Ford had sex] open ended?

To my eyes, it was very clear that they did NOT have sex in that original episode, and then they went back and suddenly Jessica began to have her doubts. Jessica wasn't even giving sex face, she was just laying there as he kissed on her or whatever. What's telling is that they never provided a flashback of a moment that even looked like sex (unlike the infamous Nat/Brody one). It was just a matter of taking Jessica's word for it, "Ya knw, I *think* Ford and I may have had sex. Hmmm..." I'm not saying that the show didn't always intend to go this route, but I think they should have directed the original scene better or added material if they wanted to sell the possibility. There are more graphic "What I learned in Sex-Ed" scenarios to consider, but that imo is pushing it (no pun intended).

Archived