DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • Members

You're welcome! I liked her very much as Laura. I didn't care for Susan Oliver in the role. She seemed too cold. I didn't hate Rosemary Forsyth and thought she came closer to portraying Laura's persona. Jaime Lynn Bauer seems like a different character altogether.

I marvel now when I think that when I first started getting hooked on Days the cast included Susan Flannery, Susan Seaforth, and Denise Alexander, three of my favorite (and in my opinion, among the best) soap actresses.

• Members

Thanks for sharing this. It's a shame only her Y&R work is around, mostly, and even that is hard to find. She was a beautiful woman, and in a real way, not plastic.

Daily TV Serials was a very high quality magazine. I wish it had lasted longer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

What I took away most was how good DAYS used to be at creating couples, and wondering where that's gone. I realize that not all their couples were popular at this time, but even a couple like Roman and Isabella seem so much stronger than anyone on DAYS now, except a few of the vets like John/Marlena.

Rabin also seems to be speaking from the heart, instead of what he thinks people want to hear.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Exactly. It was a good interview with him.

And his comments about handling returning characters was spot on and that is why so many of the returns failed. Ultimately. We may have liked those characters being back but you cant bring someone back after 15 years and just expect instant success. I mean they do initially a good job but its the followup that fails.

• 2 weeks later...