DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Interesting. I have never heard of them.A quick look at Jason 47's page doesn't shed much light as none of them are listed in the 1971 cast.

Elaine had 2 eps in 1970 and Howard got 4 but there is no mention of the parents.

They look like a forerunner to the Grant family.

I wonder what the story is here? Did Bill Bell have plans that changed due to network feedback?

Hope someone can shed light on this mystery...

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

Carl, nice find on the Jones family pic!

Far as I can tell, Jeff was one of the prisoners with Bill & Doug. He (and his family) were only on between May-July 1970, so that shows how far behind magazines were at the time, showing their family portrait six months after they had last appeared. The kids were basically just U/5s though, just in a few episodes. It was Jeff who was in the most episodes (24), and his wife, Gracie, had a few appearances (5) too.

• Members

Thanks. I appreciate those details. I'd love to know even more about them, as bringing in an entire family for black characters was rare in 1970, but this info is far more than I'd expected. I wonder if Bell had plans which were not allowed to go forward.