DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Sort of off topic, but a friend of mine has a thread on Facebook about movies that you always watch when they show them on tv and someone mentioned "She's the One." They said that it starred Edward Burns, John Mahoney, and Cameron Diaz but didn't mention Jennifer Aniston. So I IMDB'd it to make sure that she was indeed in it and recalled another movie I usually end up watching when it's on TV, which is "Picture Perfect" with Jay Mohr, Kevin Bacon, and Jenn Aniston. I pulled up that page and was SHOCKED to learn that Arleen Sorkin was one of the screenwriters.

Did anyone else realize this? If so, do you know of any other movies that Ms. Sorkin was a screenwriter on? I enjoy that movie so much that it makes me curious what other films she's written. I know she did a TV show in the early 90s on HBO called "Dirty Laundry" that I've always wanted to check out, but that's about it.

• Members

I knew she wrote some animation and did a pilot for a tv show but didn't know about co-writing a movie. She is very well loved for voicing the Batman animation character Harley Quinn. She actually inspired the beloved cartoon character that writer, producer, and director Paul Dini created. Here's a clip of him talking about the DOOL scene that inspired him to create Harley:

http://youtu.be/n5L8A0QXtcw

Anne-Marie Martin (Gwen Davies) co-wrote the movie Twister with her then husband Michael Crichton.

The writer of Shrek 2 was inspiried by a Bo and Hope scene too. And pays homage to them in the film according to interview in SFX.