DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

May 31, 1966 was a significant date in "Days" history...the day that Bill Bell signed on as head writer and helped save the show from being cancelled back in 1966.

As we near the 47th anniversary of that day, here's a special treat for "Days" fans in this edition of Jason47's From the Vault: http://www.jason47.com/days/vault1966.html

• Members

Bell said in his Legends interview his story consultant title was just that, a title, when he left in 1975 he left completely and that title was merely a legal consequence. I get the feeling he may have assisted Pat Falken-Smith if/when she asked as there are excerpts of letters published in the Days anniversary book where he gives advice on characters/stories that happened during PFS run. Bell also stated in an interview in 1990 that he let Pat do her own thing, and tried not to interfere.

• Members

This is not really a Days article but I thought it was interesting because it includes three future Days stars: Susan Seaforth, Brenda Benet, and Peter Brown. Also includes other future stars such as Linda Evans, Roger Davis, Meredith McRae, etc. This is the Deb Stars, from a 1964 "TEEN" magazine. Susan was 20 and Brenda was 19 at the time. Also note that the magazine took the selection committee to task for failing to select Margaret Mason (Linda Patterson) to be a Deb!

IMG_0066_zpsac320750.jpg

IMG_0067_zps975c8ff2.jpg

Edited by jam6242

• Members

I liked him on Dark Shadows in some moments, depending on the character; as a leading man I thought he was annoying and creepy.

The Dark Shadows Movie Book has a diary Kathryn Leigh Scott kept during filming of House of Dark Shadows (Roger Davis was her love interest in that), and one part was about Dan Curtis telling her he might make Roger her love interest on the show. She joked in her diary that she was now going to try to get fat so that she wouldn't have to have a love interest at all. She didn't seem to be a fan...

Meredith MacRae is there too. I miss her.

I guess SSH is a real survivor. While Linda Evans had the biggest career, and is still the best known, Susan still shows up on DAYS and has aged very well, some hair colors aside.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

I've seen other co-stars of Roger Davis make similar comments. From what I've gathered, he often tried to upstage them. I did like him when he was paired with Alexandra Moltke though. Apparently he was a "pet" of Dan Curtis.

It is sad to see Brenda and Meredith knowing they died at a fairly young age. Anna Capri too, she was killed in a car accident when she was in her mid-60s.

Susan has definitely aged well (with a little help, of course, by her own admission).

Edited by jam6242