DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

The terms they worked out with Bill when he created YR was that he stay on as head writer for 2 years (73-75) and then stay on another 3 years as story consultant (75-78), so officially he was there for the whole run of Valerie's storyline, but who knows exactly how much input he had after leaving to do YR. Pat Falken Smith was basically the de facto head writer for 73-75, then took the title officially in 75.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I thought I remember Bell saying in an interview the story consultant title was just that, a title. Bell claimed he had no input, though I do remember reading letters in a Days history book from Bell to Pat Falken Smith talking about Julie and Doug's characters after they married. Possibly PFS asked him for advice during her stint and he guided her somewhat, Bell also stated once that he let Pat just do her thing and didn't interfere. I wonder if his real connection to the show ended completely when PFS left.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
"Thanksgiving 2002: Kate Roberts & Her Kids: The Scenes That Were Never Seen"
"Days" had its entire cast set to appear in its Thanksgiving 2002 episode.
However, due to time constraints, they did not end up airing Kate & her children's scenes.
In fact, Billie, Kate and Lucas ended up not even appearing in the episode.
Now, for the first time ever, fans can read how Kate and her kids spent Thanksgiving 2002...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I just can't even fathom what it would have been like to have Doug or Bill raped in prison. Knowing that Bill also wanted to do a love story for Marie during that time when she first came back as a nun, it's fun to imagine how these things may have changed the course of the show's history.

And Heather North's time on the show has always piqued my interest. It's too bad Bill was never able to bring Sandy to a full characterization.

• Members

It would be interesting to learn more about what Bell had in mind with those stories. The taping schedule then allowed them to quicklt change direction. I don't know why Sandy wasn't more fully developed as a character. I see Heather North occasionally on some of the late 60s tv shows on various retro channels.

• Members

I still maintain that with a little bit of rewriting the character of Marlena could have been Sandy instead, which would have breathed new life into the Hortons.

And the SORASED David Banning should have been Julie's brother Steve in the story rather than saddle Julie with a grown son and then a grandson when she was barely 30 years old.