DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Love these clips! The Salem Strangler was one of my favorite storylines on Days. I thought it was a good murder mystery and was more believable than the later serial killer stories that came later. The clip of Doug and Robert singing together (with Marty Davich at the piano) is priceless! I've been hoping to see a clip of them again. Thanks so much for posting!

• Members

I wish more were available online. On WOST years ago I watched the episode where Mary was killed, which started with Julie and Doug in a Sherlock Holmes type getup (she was dressed as some type of dragon lady I think). I guess they were ahead of their time.

When was the last time the show mentioned the Julie/Marlena friendship?

• Members

I would say the nature of Julie's & Marlena's friendship was changed when Deidre returned to the show in 1991. I don't remember them interacting as much then Susan became recurring around 1993. It seems Marlena is considered Hope's peer now instead of Julie's.

• Members

Thanks. It's too bad the show bungled Bo/Carly in 2010. This is a good montage.

I wish they'd have some scenes with Julie and Marlena again. I'm sure Marlena would be interested in this dull Alice's secret story, and while I'm sure budgets are tight, having more of Julie and less of Bo and Hope talking about nothing might be interesting. It feels like they only use characters like Doug and Julie if they feel they have to - it's such a waste. Then again, watch them make Julie Daniel's mother.

• Members

That might be the end of watching Days for me if they made Julie Daniel's mother! Of course, I would love to see more Julie (and Doug) but it's looking less likely with all the other returns coming up. Susan said in a recent interview that Doug and Julie are going to be investigating Alice's secret off-screen.

• Members

Julie and Marlena were friendly, but Marlena and Maggie had the closest bond, I thought -- they were married to law partners and best friends (Don and Mickey), and interacted more than Julie and Marlena. Marlena's friendships with both Julie and Maggie were pretty much jettisoned once Marlena was thrown into story with Roman and became an action-adventure heroine. At the same time, the show made the really, really, terrible decision to turn Doug and Julie into nothing more than roadblocks for Bo and the newly aged Hope. Over the years, the show (and Deidre Hall) took great pains to maintain Marlena as a contemporary and vital romantic heroine who played about 20 years younger than her real-life contemporaries, Susan Hayes and Suzanne Rogers.

I love that photo, jam6242!