DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

My daily visit to Page Six never ceases to disappoint.  I agree with the sentiment, but why is a newspaper quoting a Facebook post?

https://pagesix.com/2024/01/08/entertainment/days-of-our-lives-star-slams-jo-koy-as-golden-globes-2024-host-complete-embarrassment/

Please register in order to view this content

It’s safe to say Deidre Hall won’t be attending any of Jo Koy’s upcoming comedy gigs.

The “Days of Our Lives” stalwart, who played Dr. Marlena Evans for over 45 years on the long-running soap, slammed the standup comic as he was hosting the 2024 Golden Globes in Los Angeles Sunday night.

“The Globes Globes host, Jo Koy, is a complete embarrassment to himself and the Academy,” Hall, 76, wrote in a heated Facebook post. “Skip it.”

• Webmaster

I saw when Deidre made that post yesterday, and I took her advice, lol. Sounds like it went from bad to worse. Let's hope Ricky Gervais gets a call next. You can hate the dude or dislike his jokes, but at least it gets people talking for the jokes themselves and not for tanking in front of a live audience and a live audience on TV. That's just bad, and I even like Jo Koy for the most part. I've found a number of his stand-up jokes funny and will watch a clip or two on YouTube from time to time. There's even an Asian woman who takes his jokes and presents her content with it by acting them out -- she does the same with other comedians, including Kevin Hart.

• Members

1988 is the worst coverage for summaries, so I just looked through and a lot have what I would call the highlights, but all of them need a good summary, so if you have any interest and could type some up as you watch them, that would be great. 

I'd like a sentence or two for what happens in each scene. Some summary writers group the storylines together, some just write what happens in the 1st thru 25th scenes in chronological order, so whichever way you want to do it is fine with me. Just make sure to write the main thing that happens in each scene, so I'd expect them to probably average 3 paragraphs or so.  I mean some scenes might be more exciting than others, so some might get 2 or 3 sentences if a lot happens in them. If you could write one episode up as a sample and message me with it, then I can see if it's what's needed for the guide.

Thanks!

• Members

The big difference between the Golden Globes and the NFL? At the Golden Globes, we have fewer camera shots of Taylor Swift,” the comedian quipped.

Please register in order to view this content

Yet Deidre has yet to criticize Ron's horrific writing.

• Members
Posted (edited)

That monologue and his entire hosting run was one of the worst I've ever seen at an awards show. He bombed like nothing else. It was up there with Doug Williams getting clowned by Jamie Foxx.

Edited by Vee

• Members

12-9-91 Day 19 (1-10-24) Roman is not a jerk, not even close. This is the day before & the day of Bo & Carly's Mayan wedding. Bo & Carly get dressed in traditional garb. So do Roman & Marlena and John & Isabella. They all 6 meet at the base of the pyramid & then Bo & Carly begin to climb the stairs of the pyramid. Show Ends.

• Members

There's been this person - unknown who - who uploads every soap every day to DailyMotion. And, they run their operation off sites like this

[site name redacted]

And, they have a site like that for each show. Well, today, if you go to the DAYS site, it shows that the blog is gone. But, the other sites have not disappeared, at least not so far. 

So I presume that Sony shut them down. 

Edited by Donna L. Bridges