DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I remember when Marlena re-started her radio show - although, I admit, I wasn't watching DAYS much at that point.  But I remember that, and how it seemed like they dropped it almost as soon as it began, and thinking that maybe they had a much bigger story planned but changed their minds right away.

You know, I don't even CARE how ridic it is that Liz is performing at a health club opening?  I'm just always happy to see Gloria Loring perform!

• Members

I haven't seen that 'story' since it aired and I don't think I was watching Days that frequently, but I did think it was going somewhere.  IIRC, they even used old flashbacks of her radio show and the Stalker calling her.  Although I am not sure if it was leading to Hattie and the fact that Samantha was killed by Jake, but it really went nowhere.  Even though Hattie has reappeared a million times-the initial Hattie story just died out lol.

I mean how many options does Liz have to perform in Salem?  Health Club opening it is.  It is awkward she just has a microphone and is in the middle of the room jamming out, but, again, Don was digging it.

I figured.  I just thought she was married to Tony before Salem, but I think Liz's love life is so convoluted you would have to do a deep dive wiki search to figure it out.

• Members

IIRC Liz was married to an actor whose first name I forget (Rick?) and recognized Lee immediately as the woman she caught Rick in bed with in Paris, leading to their divorce. Shortly thereafter, Kellam called on Liz to come to Salem and help him on the campaign trail, which eventually led to Liz and Don's affair.

Edited by beebs

• Members

A few things to add about Liz's performance.

1. We know that she's singing Barry Manilow, right? "It's A Miracle."

2. A+ job by the editor, unless it was always planned for Gloria and the accompanist to only perform that much.

3. In addition to Don, can we please appreciate Renee enjoying the performance and Mary not?

• Members

Well, it works out fine for our lovely Marlena in the long run lol, but she really has a rough go for awhile.  Her son dying, Don cheating, rape, slut shamed etc.  Don is kind of an ass, no?  It's been so long since I have seen Don/Marlena clips and obviously you can't find them now, but wasn't he trying to get Marlena back for a bit?  Obviously, not here, but it's really a dick move to be dancing along to your mistresses sweet singing in front of your wife.

• Members

You know, @carolineg, talking about Marlena's old radio show(s) has me thinking Johnny should be helping his grandma right now produce a podcast series on mental health issues, not getting possessed by the devil and running around town with his clothes off.  But, I guess that isn't exciting enough for the suits at Corday/NBC/Sony.

Also, seeing performances like Liz's makes me sad that music isn't the integral part to DAYS that it once was.  I think that (the use of music) what was helped separate DAYS from the other shows.

• Members

Haha!  That would require Marlena having scenes with her own grandson.  I mean, seriously, this is awful.  Johnny could just make an actual documentary about Marlena's life instead of a movie with a cast.  That would be cheaper and probably more popular.

I am a sucker for two things: flashbacks and music.  I love a concert at a local joint on soaps. Days in the 80's and GH in the 90's was all about that.  Even if I had to listen to some bad Wally Kurth and Ricky Martin songs along the way.