OLTL: Actor now on contract

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Small steps to continue tokenism? The guy has been on the show since 2006/07 and he's now getting a contract. I think he's the only person who's been on the show that long without one when everyone came AFTER him were given insta contracts and storylines. Tilford was thrown under the bus in a pathetic storyline but it suddenly becomes a choice of who to keep when we have beautiful Caucasians 24-35 masquerading in all their glory with more to come. Good luck Ringgold - you'll need it.

• Members

Are you serious?! ARE. YOU. SERIOUS?!

First of all Sean Ringgold maybe the "ugly ogre" brother to you but don't drop that simple-minded bull on the rest of us. If I had to choose between him and Tilford I'd choose Sean Ringgold in a New York second. SR did something a few years ago that made him a full blown hero in my eyes and nothing will ever change that. I know people who've met him personally and every one of them walked away spellbound by how amazing he was. Small steps? What kind of reasoning is that?! You want to give OLTL credit for switching out one token for another just because you like the one who passes the paper bag test?

This isn't a small step. It isn't any step at all. It's the same bait and switch bullshit OLTL has been dishing out for the last years with Rachel, RJ, Hank, and Layla. Nobody is fooled by this except the ones who want to be and the ones too stupid to know any better. Six months from now you'll be saying "small steps" when Ringgold is cut loose and Abs McNegro is on contract and after that it'll be "Oh goodie, Vivian BlackChick just got a contract. I love her so much! I can't wait until Kwanzaa when she shows up again." Small steps.

• Members

Wow, you're EXTREMELY offensive. I didn't mean what I said offensively in any way. Yes, the show has problems in dealing with African Americans and the show's choices are offensive, IMO. My small steps remark had NOTHING to do with that or him being African American. It had to do with FINALLY giving the fan favorite, the "ugly" one, the one who patiently waited for a LITTLE bit of spotlight some love. Duh, I'd guess MOST of us prefer Sean Ringgold, INCLUDING me. That was the POINT. That's ALL I meant. I'm saying hopefully, with the writers listening to fans the tiniest bit, maybe we can have more full-fledged African American characters. Or some returns of veteran characters we love. Of course the odds are stacked against us. Shoot me for at least trying to be optimistic. Wow.

Archived