OLTL: Actor now on contract

• Members

I don't even see the point in debating this. It's not my fault soaps are outdated and don't reflect the true diversity of America, but eye rolling and repeatedly telling us that his contract doesn't mean anything isn't going to change a damn thing. I really don't care if he is getting a contract because Tilford is out. I am just happy for him and I am moving on. OLTL will be over soon and I am sure if/when a new generation of soaps crop up they will look at what the current soaps didnt do and improve the model. People like Frons, Bloom, Maria Bell, Sheffer, Corday, etc will never give minorities justice, these are just tv shows and I have given up stressing over what soaps continue to do. That is why they are dying.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My post makes plenty sense. I am happy for him, but I know this doesn't mean he is going to get major story. I just don't understand the whining and negativity over it. We know the show doesnt use minorities as it should, but I am happy he is on contract and is working. And we don't know if his character will be expanded on... the story with Destiny is not over, he has Vivian, and I think he and Det. Price aren't doing interacting. I dont expect all of a sudden for it to be Shaun's One Life to Live.

• Members

I am glad that Sean was put on contract. I think that intially Shaun was meant to be a character that was a dayplayer when he was with Vincent. And then after Vincent left he came more of a recurring character. I do think he has grown some as a character.

And I am glad they got him away from the mob like connections/behavior that he was apart of when Vincent was on the show.

I wonder what is going to happen with the Evans. I wonder where they are going with the storyline of Greg being Destiny's father. Especially since Greg is leaving the show. Maybe Shaun will play a bigger role in this storyline. Since this thread is on the spoiler forum, here is some spoilers I read (from SON and SOS):

I heard that Greg killed Destiny's mother, who I think is named Charlene. And Shaun is going to question Greg about that. Maybe Charlene isn't really dead? Or Charlene's family will come and start trouble for the Evans. Maybe Shaun knew Charlene, I don't know. But I think they might try and do something with this paternity storyline about Destiny. And that Shaun might get more involved in this storyline.

• Members

I find it interesting when people dismiss certain discussions yet actively engage in others pertaining to the actors. If SR doesn't care then neither do other actors, no? Yet, that still hasn't stopped anyone from having multiple discussions on this damn board. Suddenly, this debate has become worthless.

• Members

I definitely think Shaun is going to be plenty involved with this storyline. Hence the signing of the contract.

I don't know what you're talking about. All I said he's getting a contract and I'm happy for him. I bet he is too. All that other stuff is nonsense.

• Members

I've seen some people speculate that Shaun is really Destiny's father. I don't think that he is, but I do think we will see him play a bigger role in this storyline. Especially since Greg will be gone shortly and Mr. and Mrs. Evans aren't on contract. I think that maybe Charlene isn't really dead or her family is going to try and start trouble with the Evans. And try and come into Destiny's life.

I think they are going to use Shaun in this storyline because of him being on contract and his closeness to Destiny. He also doesn't seem to really like Det. Price, but I don't know if the writers are really going to do a lot with him and Det. Price.

I don't think they are going to just have Greg reveal the secrets of being Destiny's father and killing her mother, and not do anything with it. Even though he will be leaving the show, I think they will use Shaun/Destiny and maybe Charlene/her family in this storyline.

• Members

I had saw that speculation too. I don't think that's true and I don't think the writers should go that route. I wish they hadn't killed Evangeline off like they did, but I don't think they should make her Destiny's mother.

I think they should maybe bring Charlene or at least some of Charlene's family to town to mix things up with the Evans.

I wonder if Shaun knew Charlene or not. His parents did say he was in prison, but they didn't mention for how long. I think that him going to prison might have had something to do with him doing some illegal work for Vincent.

Archived