YRBB

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I know Barbara wants a man....on the show. I don't know if it would happen but i wouldn't mind it. I hope it's not Mario Cantone. I like him but it spurtz. I could not see him being on every day. That voice! Although i woudn't mind a gay man like Thomas Roberts

For a straight man my choice is always Rob Lowe. I wouldn't be suprised if it was Cameron Mattherson, he seems to be poping up everywhere and he's a total "A-kisser."

I don't think any of the old people should come back. They've had their chance. Let someone else give it a shot. I know Barbara hinted that she did ask Monica Lewinski. She was on David Lettermen's show and was very vauge about it. That would be interesting.

• Members

The problem with the view is that what made it interesting - 5 different women with different backgrounds and different views - are gona. They need a respected news anchor, a conservative, a liberal, someone in the middle, etc. there shouldn't be so many comedians. They need someone young and new as well.

• Members

I liked the original lineup which featured fairly unknown women. I know some of them had some local visibility but they weren't celebs. I hate that as the show progressed, they only looked at "names" to fill the spot. Its all about stars and celebs. Rosie O'Donnell? Whoopi Goldberg? Jenny McCarthy? IMO, should have never joined the panel (even if Rosie gave us some good clashes with Elizabeth, that helped continue the ugly turn the show was going in after Starr's final season) I don't think they can do a revamp with complete unknowns but they should have been hiring them as they started phasing some of the other women out.

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

I do kind of agree that both Jenny and Sherri are too alike. they both think they are young and trendy. They both had slightly disabled children. I assume they are both democrat although i know Sherri changes her mind on a dailey basis because politics is a little too over her head (She'd rather talk about Dancing with the stars of real housewives of whatever all day.) Although i'd take Sherri any day over that loud mouth Sheryl Underwood from The Talk.

It would be nice to find two unknowns who are very different to join the show. Like someone said, it was originally a show about four women with different backgrounds idea's and views. Merridith the working mother, Star the attorney, Debbie the young one and Joy the comedian. and then Barbara the veteran.

I hope it does but if someone good doesn't come on next season, I can see the raitings tank! Barbara was the only reason the show lasted so long. She may have her haters (especially on this board) but she was good for the show and she's the only reason it survived 17 seasons. Lord knows it wasn't because of Star, Rosie or Whoopie(Although i do like Whoopie and her old movies).