OLTL: Discussion for the week October 18

• Administrator

I was too mad to enjoy this episode. I was robbed of reactions like, "What's the secret??! Just spit it out!" "OMG!!" "What the hell??"

If I wasn't spoiled I would've loved this episode. Anyway, there's gotta be more than Destiny is Greg's daughter. I wonder who her mother is and what happened to her.

Everything else was pretty good too with Marty overhearing Brody/Natalie's conversation, Ford coughing up blood, Blair finding Tea, and the explosion.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I definitely agree with everything you said - granted I had to laugh when the parents kept repeating what the other had said. I am glad they finally have that out in the open and now I'm wondering about the backlash of it all. I thought SE really did good with those scenes and I felt for her wondering if this was her real family or not and SR did awesome as well with this reveal.

NGL this story reminds me so much of TNTs Southland's small story arc for Nate.

YES! That was the best part of Marty for me this episode when she said that to Natalie and then the look on her face after.

Ford could have some internal injuries.

I liked the ending. Who was that that got thrown? Dani & Todd?

• Members

To be fair Toups, there are spoilers and then there's conjecture. I was merely having fun sharing my hunches/making guesses, I did not know for sure what Greg's secret was.

It certainly was a muoy dramatico Friday. I find it ironic that I just read about SR being on contract because I thought he won the anti-Emmy today. Some of those faces he was making. Not helped by the fact that he got the dummy line of the day: "That's crazy! I was around when you told me about having her." :blink: SE did a nice job, I had to ^_^ when the camera stayed on her waiting for those tears to drop before commercial. But yeah, I'm really curious about what the rest of the secret is.

More Evanseseses!

• Members

the episode was pretty solid. Best one in a long time

I didnt like Destiny at first and was hard on her but the actress ahs really grown and she did good today. Loved the scenes at the hospital. Why the hell did her parents say they werent her real parents? They couldnt have used the term biological parents instead?

Love Blair's reunion with Tea. That was a sweet scene. I loved how Blair said that she was dead and Tea laughed "not yet" Love these two together.

All around great show. Cant wait for Monday

• Members

I agree, I liked that reunion with Blair and Tea yet I always catch myself resisting liking them as buds too much. I don't trust that one little incident with Todd wouldn't send them back at each other's throats. It would be so refreshing if they truly became friends for the long haul and did things like trade knowing glances and "pfffts ^_^ " whenever they were in a room with Todd.

• Members

Hate the so contrived Tea & Blair friendship with the power of a 1,000 sun. So count me very glad it wasn't another obvious FL/KDP lovefest and instead they stayed IN CHARACTER with a bickering tone to their scenes. I hope they go back to hating each other but agree let's cease the fighting over Todd.

• Members

I've been very hard on SE, too. She did better with the dramatic material than I expected. I still prefer her in comedic vs dramatic scenes.

TT was probably best I've seen him which isn't saying a lot but I bought Greg's groggy, exhausted and real need to finally get the secret off his chest.

Still can't stand mama Evans and the dad is way too in her shadow. Shaun continues to be my FAVORITE Evans and SR had the best reaction shots of all of them. That WTF look was great and he was as pissed as I was at his annoying parents.

As for rest of show, I don't see Matthew as some "prick" but a hurt, teenaged boy who is tired of feeling powerless. I really wish RC would explore his resentment over the surgery as the root of his current behavior more than losing Dani.

My favorite scene was the scene where Blair is holding out her arms for Dani and Dani totally ignores her to focus on Todd. It's the same way she reacted after Todd told her he loved her and Starr/Blair rushed to embrace her. KM plays Dani as searching for Todd, looking to HIM for reassurance. She wanted HIM to hold her so badly. Today she sold that same desperate look, please come save me. TSJ/KM are so believable as father/daughter now.

RC's really bringing back the old Friday cliffhangers, this is like the 3rd one in the last month.

• Members

I thought Friday was insanely good. I think the last 2-3 weeks have been pretty solid.

I found the Evans family scenes horrific though. Soap opera writing and acting at its worst. And I actually like Shanelle Evans and I am going to miss that hot, hot, hot Terrell Tilford. They couldn't have found ANYTHING to do with this guy? And damn I miss Rachel, I really grew to like that last actress.

• Members

Toups, I don't know what you think you're bitching about. Everyone and their mother guessed that Greg was Destiny's dad weeks ago, if not months. Do you plan to spoiler-tag predictions of David obviously being alive on AMC if he turns up resurrected?

• Administrator

Did the show give any indication on screen? Or did people speculate based on a spoiler? What scenes should've directed me to this revelation? I must've missed it.

Also, we have a spoiler forum for those who want to discuss spoilers. There's no need for anyone to post spoilers in here. Sorry, sometimes I have to be a bitch about this - the Y&R thread knows this. :)

• Members

People have been saying it on this board for months. Its where I first read it. I had no idea if it was a spoiler or if it was just speculation as I wasnt watching for a big chunk of the year but its not like this week was the first time its been mentioned here.

couldnt that simply be bc she was his sister? Those dont scream out to me that she might be his child

Archived