OLTL: Discussion for the week October 18

• Members

I hope she does go. She has been getting worse and worse since Ford came along, but Ford/Jessica? Ew, I'd rather him get paired with Gigi or something. I don't see why they would tie a character like Ford down with a baby, I really hope Brody is just the father of both.

Agreed. Rex isnt getting on my nerves around her, but boy do I hate that damn accent KZ is using.

I really like Brian Kerwin, I hope he gets alot out of this but I dont want him as Rex's father, I wanted him as Brody's, but he has enough paternity problems as it is.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm pretty sure Rex is Echo and Clint's, which I could get behind if they both remain very adversarial with him. I think there is a lot of mileage in Echo making Rex and family's life hell for years, and Clint trying to groom Shane out from under him, as opposed to Matthew where I like aspects of the tale but think Matthew-as-jerkweed is terribly forced to prop Nate.

• Members

Thank you for posting this, I hadn't seen it in a while. I saw an old photo of Lillian, I guess from her last years on OLTL, dressed up as the Statue of Liberty for a costume party or something. I thought it was very sweet. I know how condescending that sounds.

I think any paternity story about Rex will fail (as his other paternity stories have done) if it is about Rex. If the story becomes about how poor Rex needs Bo as a father and why can't Bo have a good son like Rex instead of a jerk like Matthew, then the potential is squandered. They really need to remember who Clint is IMO for any story he's in to work. Silly things like Clint snapping his fingers while Ford gets a boo-boo are amusing but they come across like he's about to menace Penelope Pitstop.

• Members

I will agree that Kim Zimmer is actually working on this show for me. The cynic in me would say it's just because so much of it is close to unwatchable, but...

I like this new harsher Ford, but I agree with Carl--things like the Ford scene and the way he's starting to have his finger in so many characters' fates, is making me fear he's gonna be the next Eli (just like Eli became the next Mitch, etc).

• Members

Oh and word to those who say Vicki wandering around town and making chit chat about art (bad art, no less) just seems so wrong... shouldn't she be wringing her hands? I mean frankly I'm tired of people doing that--and I realized today how beyond ridiculous it is that these characters are constantly kidnapped--yes EVEN on a soap--but it didn't ring remotely true to character. Maybe she was just distracted by her nonchalant skin cancer removal. :P (No, I know people get questionable patches of skin removed all the time, but that line still seemed odd to me--not knowing Erika Slezak's situation and I'm sure it was connected to something that happened to her, but)

I'm starting to like Hannah as a psycho somehow even LESS than Eli as a psycho. Never thought that would happen. What a waste-and not one that's remotely entertaining or intriguing to watch happen.

• Members

I'll cheer the day Brittany Underwood is fired. Jason Tam's underapprecated talent propped her for years. She's plain awful now and except for her ability to strip and do sexual gymnastics with David Gregory, I see no chemistry. Meghan Fahey is another very talented actor who is going nowhere on the show. Hannah could be an interesting, intense character but I'm just tired of the way she's written. I thought they were going to "Marty" and redeem her; and maybe they still will but I doubt it.

Kim Zimmer has alot of dynamic energy but don't want to see her owning the show for months. So far the balance is there, so I'm cautiously optimistic. As for Echo being Rex's mother, ho hum. I much preferred Roxie. Loved their interactions.

• Members

Matthew: Don't mess with me, I'm the new Clint.

Nate: Get off my damn lawn!

Matthew: Are you talking to me?

Nate: When I was your age I had to walk ten miles to my abroller!

Matthew: My dad's the chief of police and my mother...

Nate: My mother was named Whistler.

Archived