OLTL: Discussion for the week October 18

• Members

I thought it was a very good episode- I love that Marty is being put into the Nat/Brody/John WTD story... so much potential there. I don't want Marty to become a vindictive bitch or go out of character- but I think she has the right to be upset about it- moreso on John's behalf, since she will realize that Natalie has been stringing him along.

I think there is the definite potential for Tea/Blair to have a falling out... but we'll see.

Cole's an idiot.

I liked the Evans family drama. I'm glad they are giving them a story period! And I'm glad Darren wasn't there with them. And I think SE has improved by 100 times since she first started... there is potential there.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Like Cheap said, that didn't scream out that he was her father. And when it was revealed that Ma and Pa Evans knew about the secret, that too didn't say Destiny wasn't their daugther.

I don't remember reading it in the discussion threads. They must've been talking about it in the spoiler thread.

I like discussing the show and reading everyone's opinions/thoughts, so I don't want to stop or rarely come into to the OLTL discussion thread because of people talking about spoilers - it's one of the reasons why I rarely go into the Y&R threads.

• Administrator

After HeedTheMessenger2.0 posted the spoiler, some of you guys went on to discuss the spoiler without putting spoiler tags. As for speculating, you have to be careful with that too. You can't speculate if it's based on a spoiler. For example, you read a spoiler saying Destiny is Greg's daugther, you can't openly speculate that so-and-so could be her mother because that speculation is in direct correlation with the spoiler. But if you want to speculate based on something that's happened on screen, then that's okay.

• Members

But this WASN'T speculation based on a spoiler (or if it was that was only very recent, and I wasn't aware of it). You can't have discussion threads if people can't even speculate. That's crazy talk, Toups.

The speculation was that Destiny was obviously Greg's daughter (I can't believe you as a soap viewer didn't speculate this too). Then many said that there must be another twist than that, cuz that's an idiotic reason to kill a woman and lay people's lives on the line, so people started speculating who the mother could be, etc.

• Administrator

Thanks, Cheap. Wow, great call by Julia back in June 2009!

Nope, it was spoiler talk based on a spoiler - that's what you guys did.

If you want to speculate based on a spoiler that you read or a spoiler that people are talking about, at least have the courtesy to use spoiler tags. But if you genuinely don't know what's going to happen next, you haven't read any spoilers, then speculating is okay.

Oh well....it happened.....time for me to move on.

• Members

Toups, if people's speculations turn out to be accurate you can't blame people for ruining the show for you. It's true that people speculated months ago when nothing indicated that his secret was he being Destiny's father. This is akin to being upset because the audience is smarter than the show when it doesn't take that much to begin with. Once you start putting conditions on speculations then it becomes a very thin line that is frankly no longer fun.

• Administrator

Yes, you're right. If people were speculating that when there weren't any spoilers, that's fine. My issue is when you KNOW the spoiler is out there.

My beef is what happened after this post:

HTM2.0 did the right thing by putting spoiler tags. But people replied to that spoiler without using spoiler tags. That was main concern.

Ahh...I'm getting sucked back into this discussion. I need to let it go. LOL

• Members

Thanks, Cheap21. I remember a fight between Greg and Shaun last year over Destiny. The foreshadowing was heavy that Greg was her real father and that's why Shaun was so furious at him. The only thing that surprised me was Shaun not knowing the truth all these years.

Archived