OLTL: Discussion for the week October 11

• Members

Never watched AW so didn't get all the hype about Linda Dano at the time. Still don't. She wasn't ok actress but a horrible, horrible character who then invaded my GH, too. Hate that.

Could be my lousy memory, but didn't Rae try to shrink Todd once?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't remember.

I looked on Youtube and did see this scene after Todd revealed that Rae and Skye were mother and daughter. At the time I thought that was Tomlin and he was just very quickly trying to wrap up all of the tedious secrets JFP dragged out. Didn't Todd go around in one episode telling three big secrets (I can't remember if he told that Max wasn't Asa's son).

• Members

Todd spilled secrets at the HELL NO I won't marry that lying bitch (ah good memory) T&B failed wedding. Todd loves his funeral weddings, a coffin for one and the funeral flowers for the other.

I know Todd exposed Blair for attempting to murder Max that day. Pretty sure he fired shots at Asa/Max too. Maybe he spilled Skye/Rae, not sure as I didn't care. I hate Skye and wanted her gone from OLTL and GH. What a cockroach.

• Members

I will agree about the good directing. It reminds me of (last Feb's?) climax to the Mitch debacle. OLTL technically handles these types of stories well. And I'll admit even Carlivati can make them, at least on some level exciting. The problem is everything we sacrifice to character and story and common sense to get to these climaxes--and that there's NEVER any follow up.

WHY would Tea hide from someone coming up the stairs (Starr)? WHY would Starr lock herself in a random room instead of trying to even quietly get help from someone? WHY is the hospital even more deserted than the one in Halloween 2 (no, Natalie's brief comment--cuz suddenly she knows exactly about the financial state of Cherry Vale--does not count). Speaking of Halloween, why does Eli have even more strength and power, as he stumbles around, than Michael Myers did in those movies? How can Tea make it down all those stairs (last year I was hospitalized for about 2 weeks due to an aneurism--trust me, I couldn't make it down a flight of stairs upon my first few minutes of standing after being in a bed so long, after that).

Yes I know being a soap fan means suspending disbelief (I didn't complain about how fast they get back and forth to Cherry Vale, did I?), but there need to be enough things to hold onto as a fan. To me, despite good directing, it's all an epic fail--more so even than the Mitch climax. I assume by next Feb we'll see an even more disastrous example of a random psycho terrorising everyone who suddenly all end up at the same place by utter coincidence.

• Members

You mean Eli, but exactly. And if it is a clinic, it's the motherfuckingest largest clinic I've EVER heard of (and one with pretty sophisticated material).

This has all gotten to a Passions level of contrivance. The fact someone could just blurt out "Tea's alive" but instead we get "I have something really important to tell..." *phone rings* "Oh hang on--gotta run". Over and over. This is where such contrivances become a parody of soaps, and not someone who understand how to milk them to their best.

• Members

Ford raped Jessica so its not her fault she doesnt know who her baby daddy is? I hate how EVERYTHING this bitch does gets excused and she never has to take responsibilty for any of it. All she has to do is pull the "Oh I was crazy" card and she gets an automatic free pass for everything. Its been like this for the past 10 years.

Archived