OLTL: Discussion for the week October 11

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah seriously, what a waste. It of course takes more than blood to make a family, but we in the real world seem to understand that better than soap writers, Kevin and Joey being the decades old exception. They really messed over the Roxy/Rex thing, and for what? What's his name was let go, and Roxy even said to Rex at one point, "I messed up with you, I'm not going to miss my chance to get it right with Schuyler." Ouch. I mean, do they not like Roxy, are they trying to marginalize her? I think they see Roxie's town kook factor and figure they can make her mama figure to any number of characters when it's convenient (think AMC's Myrtle).

• Members

Messing up Rex's parentage was totally and completely unnecessary. I do agree with those who believe Rex will end up being Reva and Ross' child. I don't think Clint needs another child. This would be the 3rd biological child he fathered and had no clue about. Geez. He should go on the Maury Povich show.

• Members

I actually always bought Kevin and Natalie's relationship, because it was thorny and often awkward. He would condescend to her and try to manage her problems and impulsiveness, and it was clear he cared for her but also was always getting to know her, and treated her with a bit of exasperation. It seemed like the kind of relationship two long-lost siblings would actually have, as opposed to the bullshit relationships the Hubbard kids forged with Natalia, and other stories of that ilk.

Kevin and Nat's relationship has softened a lot since he began doing brief stints on the show as opposed to contract. And that's fine, and it makes sense since they obviously bonded by working at BE together (where she should still be working), even if by long-distance. But I liked the edge to it, because she is all impulse and fire and Kevin is more analytical and calculating.

• Members

The time actually makes perfect sense. Natalie being born in 1986 is of no significance at this point. It's obvious she's older than 24, in fact, more like 30. Echo being Rex and Clint's fits in perfectly. If Daniella can go from being born 7 years ago to 16 then I can easily buy the other.

• Members

its amazing how they are all allowed to just run up in there. No security or anything? The only person roaming the halls is a janitor? No nurses?

Now Eli has Tea. He's rounding up all the females important to Todd

Starr is in danger, running away with a serial killer while she's with her daughter. Who does she call? Cole. He's a much better choice than the police? Idiot

• Members

Greg: Tea's alive.

Nat: What did you just say?

Greg: Tea's alive.

Nat: WHO's alive?

Greg: Tea.

Nat: Did you just say TEA?

OH. MY. GAHHHHHHD! :lol:

You mean to tell me scrappy Starr wouldn't go to town on gimpish Eli?? Starr is that girl who will muff you up gutter style.

Archived