OLTL: Discussion for the week October 11

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My pet peeve with GH is there's never any fallout to the horrendous violence on that show.

I actually respected that Jared DIED last year as a result of Mitch's reign of terror and that his death had real impact on Charlie and Natalie's characters.

In Tea's defense, she's not in her right mind what with all the drugs, etc. Plus, I think she feared to run into any staff that may stop her like that idiot nurse who refuses to listen to her and keeps drugging her. Tea appeared to be heading for the ground floor to escape the clinic grounds. I don't think Tea was thinking past that goal though.

As for how she made it down the stairs at all, I thought FL and director did a good job showing it was a long slow climb down and she almost fell twice. She was staggering and holding onto railing pretty hard. I bought it as someone who hasn't walked in weeks.

Starr's actions? I got nothing to explain that bizarre behavior except plot contrivance.

• Members

No it's not just you. Hannah and Eli are all getting the Skylar treatment, and yet this is coming from the same writer who penned Brody's redemption storyline after he went off the deep end. I actually do wonder with what we're seeing today on screen, if the same writers would have had Brody do some of the despicable things Hannah and Eli are doing if not for the fact that they saw a potential pairing with Jess. I know with Eli, as soon he was revealed to be a super villain, that he was a goner, but Hannah and Skylar both could have turned their lives around. Correction; Skylar's 360 is similar to what we're seeing now with Eli, so that's a different story entirely. With Ron, it's when in doubt, have a character go insane and take someone hostage.

Cult leaders, russian mobsters, heck even the Todd debacle with Marty; they have all seemingly been the same, and this whole Eli story is no different. Get some [!@#$%^&*] new material Ron. Umbrella storylines don't always have to equal hostage situations and kidnappings. How about a nice murder mystery, like who killed Todd?

ETA: Add Marcie's hostage situation in there as well.

Archived