OLTL: Discussion for the week October 11

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

not really bc there would still be nurses and doctors there. The halls dont go dark with no staff around except for an overnight cleaning crew. I'd also expect to see security. OLTL tried to explain it by having Natalie say a throw away line about the place being understaffed as if thats why it would be near deserted. Kinda lame though if you ask me.

And did Greg really knock Tea out and stuff her in a trunk? This guy has no boundaries at all

• Members

It was Eli who stuffed her in the trunk after he admitted Todd shot him. Greg's doing his sputtering rolling eyes schtick still so that makes two bad actors in two hospital settings, aren't we lucky? Ugh.

As lame as those near misses plot plot plot RC crap was, I do have to commend parts of today's show:

Jill Mitwell is the best director in soaps! The show had a theme running through it, a somber mood prevailing across the canvas and I absolutely loved her unique camera angles and lighting. OLTL felt like a very old-fashioned soap today. There's a violent threat and it's having a ripple effect across many character's lives.

Bo and Matt's talk was too short but very insightful. Matt is parroting Asa's black and white view of the world and Bo wants Matt to see all the shades of gray. I very much enjoyed the law vs business rules talk, too. The Matt works for Clint story has me really hooked. Great subtle work by RSW and EA today.

A rare day when I enjoy T&B ineracting but under Mitwell's expert hand, the scenes were well done. Thankfully they were quiet not shrieking Todd this is all your fault nor snarking Blair you bitch your fault you married him. There was none of their usual blame game, just quiet desperate fear and failed attempts to make each other feel better. Haven't liked TSJ's lowkey approach to mourning Tea but the despondency of the last two days is finally palpable.

I found myself yelling at my screen a few times today at Starr, Tea and Dani. So as contrived as the writing was, I gotta admit all 3 actresses sucked me into their predicaments.

I am ready to stuff Eli in a car and throw him off a pier though as I continue to be so underwhelmed by MW's cartoonish villain.

• Members

And I can't help it that I am always going to see it as Tea braining him with a shovel in retaliation and calling the cops on him. That was hardly a sign of love in her mind nor viewers. No writer nor EP went to the press and termed it a sign of Todd's love like GT did over can of dirt. That's far more offensive.

• Members

Don't know about your relationships but in my experience 12 years heals a lot of wounds and I can laugh about stuff that was extremely painful at the time. I didn't hear Tea term it a good time nor Todd. They barked at each other then laughed at how ridiculous it felt to be arguing over an incident they put to bed years ago.

I forgot about Rae, you're right, she was worse!

• Members

I should look on Youtube to see if they have the episode where Asa told everyone that "Gretel" was a fake psychologist. I love Linda Dano but that character was just ugh. At least Linda seemed to have a good time playing the story where Rae became scheming.

Archived