Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't recall which writers split David and Ellen (when he had amnesia and got involved with Linda Dano's Cynthia), but it was really the only interesting--and, sadly, short-lived--storyline for them in all of the 80's. Ellen briefly had her single life, but she and David reconciled pretty wuickly, IIRC. Cynthia was written out (although her fascinating daughter Karen stuck around). Although I liked David and Ellen, this was the only time I was INTERESTED in Them.

• Members

Great interview!! I remember him being interviewed a few years ago and it was just hinted during the interview...well if you read between the lines that Gregg was gay. Now if only I could meet him now...lol...Glad he enjoyed his time on ATWT. I wish he would have stayed till the show's run. As much as I liked Scott Holmes (i know a LOT didn't) I would have preferred Gregg in the role. It's interesting that most of the Toms had chest hair...Gregg sure is one sexy gay man but his taste in men is awful.....lol

I wish he would return to daytime tv or primetime tv.

• Members

I loved this promo and storyline. As for CZP...if she and BH didnt get along well she sure is a hell of an actress because she was cheering her ass off when he won an Emmy.

LOL..the guy is my age and no woman in sight...hmmmm...I dont think you'll be waiting too long...lol

• Members

While David and Ellen were split (which was about a year), didn't she move into a singles community and date a handsome doctor?

I think the split started when Tom King was writer, and the Dobson's kept them separated for several months before they reunited in a Christmas 1982 wedding.

• Members

You can see why fans were so upset when Margo had that miscarriage.

If anyone needs a laugh go watch the part in the 1991 episode where Larry tells Frannie he will now love her all the time. He looks like such a psycho.

It's a good episode. The best part is Lucinda, juggling therapists, meddling in the Jessica/Duncan relationship, obsessing over Holden/Lily, etc.

The Jessica/Duncan relationship seriously was a risk for the show. It's to their credit that they pulled it off.

• Members

Well, I think they started out not getting along too well. I think they'd both mellowed by 2003(?) when Ben won the emmy.

The only thing I've really ever read about Jennifer that suggests to me she wasn't some woe-is-me character is that she wanted to return to nursing after giving birth to Frannie, while Bob wanted her to stay home.

I wonder if the youth movement watered down female characters. You can't write an interesting 30-ish character mooning over the first stable boy she meets, kwim?

• Members

I think the networks also began to believe more and more that viewers, especially the young viewers they coveted, were idiots, and the writing had to be dumbed down. So Kim just became Nick's stricken wife/Betsy's stricken mother, no identity of her own.