Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

I think you are being a tad too critical Carl lol though im not saying your wrong in the slightest. Could they have done better casting? Hell yes but I think its working so far. Im trying to have an open mind. Ill drive myself nuts being overly critical of what we cant control.

I want to see more of Tommy. And i cant believe they glossed over Lucy and Ray reacting to South Fork being sold. Sigh.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The problem I have with the casting is I feel like they cast bland, bad actors on purpose, as some type of "style" or whatever the word may be. There are some producers who don't want to see acting, they want to see very limited posing (this is one of the things which killed Dynasty). So they just went for boring people who are lucky to get their lines out, instead of the vibrant talent the original Dallas had. If it works, it works, but it means the characters are irrelevant and just trapped behind a glaze.

• Members

So far, I'm loving what I'm seeing, but that is because I know JR will be making his appearances. I'm loving Duffy too. However, I must agree that the 4 and Brenda Strong could NOT sell this show! No matter who's writing, it would be impossible! They are too weak and have no charisma. Henderson is fine enough, but he's coming off as kinda skeevy and clueless. He's trying too hard. This and the writers need to pull back just a bit.

Archived