Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

And YES. If I HAD to nitpick ... the Cattle Baron's Ball was glossed over. It should be a big event. An entire episode. Not a brief thing just to force everyone to interact and give Linda Gray her one big scene in the episode.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And I want to add that if 90210 and Melrose had been rebooted on Fox, it probably would have been handled much better. The CW never deserved to try and relaunch those shows.

At least TNT respects Dallas. It really REALLY shows.

• Members

Same.

Unfortunately, I don't think recasting Christopher is an option. If Jesse Metcalfe goes, that means Christopher goes with him. Unless they pull a Jack Coleman. Which is possible...if not altogether advisable.

• Members

We could cast Donna Reed as new Christopher....u know to haunt Larry Haggman....lol

Oh of course they could have done better in casting...I still hope they make some casting changes in season 2 if the show is picked up.

• Members

Even someone like me, who hasn't watched the original and among that new "younger viewer" the network is going after, I have to say, I felt that Larry Hagman & Patrick Duffy carried the show. I don't think at this point, Josh Henderson & Jesse Metcalfe can carry the show without them. It was Bobby and JR that hooked me more so than Chris and John Ross

• Members

I don't know why whoever's in charge at the moment insists on marrying off Bobby Ewing. Does Patrick Duffy's ego need stroking that badly? Bobby and Pamela's relationship was magical because of the chemistry between him and Victoria Principal. Whenever they tried pairing Bobby with other women, however, it was clear that it just didn't work. Duffy, likable though he might be, is very wooden as an actor, and even worse as a romantic partner.

Archived