Dallas 2.0: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Both Christopher and John Ross are whores like both their daddies.

I'm not too crazy about the theme song arrangement, but I do love that they kept the final chorus intact (with the little brassy stings -- yall know what I'm talking about!). It seems Henderson and Metcalfe will be alternating top-billing.

Oh, and in Metcalfe's defense, I think he did a damn good job in the scene with Elena before the wedding.

• Members

In my opinion there's no performance that feels distractingly off or nonbelievable amongst the new quintet. But I'm especially pleased with how good the writing has been so far. It's compelling without being deathly serious, soapy without being overly ridiculous. I am sold for now.

• Members

I think the show has done a good job setting up style over substance. The characters are meaningless, the actors cutouts. It works for now, and for their sake I hope that it keeps working, because Brewster, Henderson, Strong, and Metcalfe aren't going to learn to act or get charisma anytime soon.

• Members

I think it's interesting how everyone is trying to double cross everyone else (like John Ross trying to double cross JR).

If John Ross didn't send the email to Elena, I wonder if maybe Christopher's new wife sent her the email? Maybe Christopher's new wife schemed to hook up with Christopher and become apart of the Ewing family. Maybe she set her sights on marrying an Ewing and decided to go after Christopher.

I think that JR has had some good lines tonight. I definitely want to continue to see more of him.

Archived