GH: Bob Guza: "We Don't Glorify the Mob!" (Barf)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Guza likes his technicalities, and this one is actually true. GH does NOT glorify the mob. It does however have two of it's main characters running the mob and needing to stay out of the prison they so richly deserve. It isn't that GH is all about the mob, it's that they haven't decided if their leads are truly bad or merely misunderstood. They are straddling a line and.... well ask any guy who's slipped and fallen while straddling the line.... it ain't pretty once the pain sets in.

• Members

I think he rationalizes his statment bc he now shows the ugly side of it. Before they would only say Sonny ran a coffee importing business. They never actually showed he and Jason being criminals, just alot of inferring and hints to them being mobsters. In the past few years, we've seen them plot to commit murder, not self defense, but actually planned killings, which we have seen them commit. In that sense its not being glorfied as they are now portrayed as the criminals that they are. Unfortunately he makes those around them, like the cops so corrupt and horrible that by comparison they dont seem as bad bc the rest arent that much better

• Members

There isn't enough breath in the universe for this blowhard to mount a believable argument. Where is the bad hair? (ok they do have that) Where is the cheap terrycloth jogging suits and gold chains? The tacky women with fingernails far too long all named Marie, Maria and Mary? Where is the bullying and macho bravado as they try to prove mostly to themselves how much respect they deserve?

Everything about the GH mob is romanticized. Where is the club where Sonny, Max, Milo and Jason sit around all day and play hearts?

• Members

It isn't like Guza hasn't made these comments before. They usually have a condescending "I'm an artist who has kept this dreck on the air" tone to them. However, I think that Guza is the most defensive of the mob when GH is getting a lot of criticism over the mob violence. His comments make me think that the latest focus groups were harsh on Sonny and Jason after the Dante shooting.

Archived