Y&R- Week of August 16th

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So they actually had a montage to Hallelujah? How derivative can you get? :lol: The only way I ever want to hear that song again is if it involves another glimpse of Patrick Wilson's bare bottom.

I guess they involved Ashley in this lawsuit to make sure viewers didn't side too much with Adam against the Newmans, and also because they have gotten a thrill all along out of Ashley being violated. Only on today's Y&R would you be sued for being sexually assaulted by your OBGYN.

• Members

Now Billy was upset about that - until he realized it was better to crawl up the Newman a$$ again...or until the show decided they needed to have their pets all lined up like slightly tarnished china dogs.

The show has never known what they wanted to do with Ashley in this story. They had it where Ashley was the only one who supported Adam before the gaslighting, yet she was so rude to Estella some fans said they couldn't feel sorry for her. Then she was treated as a joke during the gaslighting, and finally an afterthought. The saddest part is when some insist that Ashley wasn't molested at all, that there's no reason to believe this man was actually a rapist. I'm surprised the show even went and confirmed it with Phyllis clomping around Harvard -- if they hadn't done that you'd hear even more people say nothing happened to Ashley, it's no big deal.

• Members

It was more blatant during Friday's episode when it was about Adam's victims Victor, Nick, and Sharon. NIKKI was the one who mentioned Ashley and not Victor,despite the fact that Ashley was carrying his child at the time. Sharon is in a competition with Lily to see who can become a bigger victim and it's the main reason I've come to despise her character. Sharon can't do anything without being coddled or fussed over while Ashley suffered worse than she did.

• Members

They want to have it both ways with Sharon -- everything about her character involves screwing around. They have minimized any other pain she has gone through (she barely blinked at losing Faith) and yet they don't want to actually focus too much on the sex part so they try to write that off too, while still making sure viewers can get a thrill out of her trashy travails, especially the sexcapades last year which were just written off as some kind of random trauma. They have just gutted this character.

• Members

Victor's reference to Ashley in Friday's episode was SO dismissive -- as you say, it was Nikki who brought it up. This is what the transcript says:

Wow, really? How big of you, Victor! But stealing the baby from Sharon -- no, that's the last straw!

And while I appreciate Nikki being the one to bring up the mental and physical torture that was wrought upon Ashley, I also had to :lol: at this piece of revisionist history:

Is it me? I remember Adam tentatively holding out the hand of friendship and getting smacked down by Victoria, Nick and Phyllis in short order. I remember the Vic/Nick/Phyl/JT posse ganging up against Pipsqueak at Crimson Lights. I also distinctly remember CE's Adam asking Victoria if she and her family ever wondered about the half-brother they had living on the farm. Victoria coldly told him that, since Hope had always been viewed as an obstacle to Nikki and Victor getting back together, she and Nick rejoiced when Hope left town and took her baby with her. "We really didn't think of you at all" I believe were her words.

See, if CE were still in the role, I do think TIIC would find it much harder for anybody to feel sympathy for the Newmans. MUCH harder.

• Members

Are we supposed to believe that the doctor molested Ashley? I've never heard her say that he did (didn't see today's episode). I mean, doctor or not, you know when someone is touching you in an unprofessional way, unless you are unconscious, of course . unsure.gif I always thought he didn't, but that Adam's crime in this situation was that he put Ashley in danger of being molested, which is just as bad.

Archived