Y&R- Week of August 16th

• Members

I watched the courtroom scenes with Jill, Lauren, and Joanna. It pissed me off more than anything, even though I like the actresses involved.

The way they constantly write Jill as some bitter idiot, and then have people like f.ucking Katherine, Lauren, and Michael talk down to her about her "morals." Um, sorry, who the f.uck are any of those people to pass judgment on her? Have they seen their own checkered past? And then having Jill at the end of the scene as some jolly schoolgirl telling Lauren in a non-bitchy way "No hard feelings." On top of that asking her lawyer out for a drink to be shut down and to be told, "I'll send you my bill!"

And could they dress Jess Walton more horrifically?

Making Jill Neil Fenmore's illegitimate daughter is the stupidest sh!t ever.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I woudln't say they were friendly, I would say they were "strained" and civil. I LOVED most things about the courtroom scenes, but like Alvin, I bristled at the fact that Jill can't just have a Victory and enjoy it.. they always have to slap her down with the other hand. This just reeks of Sheffer. I so wish we had Brenda at this juncture, Maria would be poppin Secanols like M&M's and Sheffer's balls would be on a platter.

• Members

Indeed.

For most of the time of her 80s run Joanna was just "there" after Jim Storm was written off. All she did was give advice to Lauren.

When Joanna had a liking for John which could have been nice nothing ever happened. The role wasn't half as b*tchy as it is now, although SSH had some catty scenes with Lauren Koslow/Lindsey.

• Members

At the Emmys people ask MM on his tweet account why his wife wasn't there with him.

A lot of people think SC is getting a divorce because she having an affair with MM. They always around each other. I have a feeling we'll be hearing about MM divorce after SC divorce is comfirm.

• Members

Nick can't be alone for 2 seconds. I always thought that Nick's non Phyllis/Sharon hookup would be Skye.

Cricket and Paul's makeout was pretty agressive and takes you back to their "rough sex".

Billy/Victoria are the new Phick. Mostly about sex and using sex to solve their problems.

• Members

They need to stop Nick needs to be completly redeveloped as a character, oh what am I saying I forgot who was scribing. They will never let Nick be alone, in their eyes what else is JM there for?

I feel sorry for the viewers who have to be subjected to same lack of substance with half the chemistry

• Members

So this is off topic, and since im still a couple days behind on Y&R I can't say anything on the show, but..

I just relocated to a new city, and as I was settling into my new home, I went to the Tivo to pre-record my shows/soaps, etc...Boy was I surprised when I saw that THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS airs at 4pm here! I have lived in four states, and 7 cities, and it has ALWAYS been at 1230 for me.

The even weirder part is that it's completely seperated from ALL other soaps. The lineup is:

130: The Bold and the Beautiful

2: As the World Turns

3: Let's Make a Deal

4: The Young and the Restless.

So when ATWT goes away there will be TWO HOURS between the two remaining CBS soaps here. It's so odd! Doesn't look good for B&B in this market!...Anyone else live in a funky market like that?

• Members

They could honor history and have Nick follow in his mother's stripper footsteps.

I feel sorry for their exes and Murphy. I don't think when Murphy sold his trailer to Billy he thought it become a brothel. While Billy and Victoria are having "sexy time" Mac is dealing with PPD while J.T. holds her hand.

Archived