ALL: Storylines That Didn't End How You Wanted

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OLTL: I was expecting a *Who Killed Mitch* story after Mitch killed Jared and tried to rape Jessica. Also, I was expecting more fallout from Natalie stabbing Mitch. Which I didn't get <_< What was the point in Mitch coming back again? Regardless, the wrap-up to Mitch's return did not go the way I wanted it to.

• Members

I would have figured that whole storyline could have been used to undo the 'Jessica being Mitch's daughter" fiasco. That would have been the only acceptable point to his return.. oh well...

Y & R: I remember back in the 1990's, Nina was trying to search for her father and thought this one guy (played by Josh Taylor) had been her dad. I guess it turned out that he wasn't her dad and he got spun off into a Nikki/Jill triangle that went nowhere. It would have been better if he had turned out to be Nina's dad then seen her reaction to him sleeping with with Jill and Nikki. Imagine having either Jill or Nikki as her step-mother (since that would make Victoria and Nina step-sisters LOL).

• Members

She learned how to play to the writing instead of against it.

When she first started she was very stilted & it showed when she was paired against such a natural actress like Tricia Cast.

The first fan sympathy came when Phillip was nasty to her (Nicholas Pappone on par with Dylan "Wedgehead" Cash) then when she was paired against Heather Tom she slowly came into her own as an actress.

And that's definitely to her credit, because she had the talent and, through time and work, she developed it and changed. How often do you see that happening today?

She didn't want him.

She LOATHED him.

That kiss was never about him.

It was about what he represented (love & comfort) cause her own marriage was crumbling.

Hmmm, I had never thought of it that way. So it was Tricia wanting what Megan/Tony had for herself and perhaps feeling just a little bit jealousy? lol

The story had a lot of potential, but the second actress wasn't too inviting. She always seemed to have the same expression.

Wasn't that Jill/Nikki/Josh Taylor thing well-received back then? I recall an article on one of the soap magazines that complained that Taylor was written out just when he was getting warm.

It would have been a lot of fun seeing Nikki and Jill against each other, those two have awesome enemy chemistry and always work well together.

• Members

It was a blip in the middle of a bigger disaster of a storyline, but John's drug addiction on Days. Hogestyn was actually putting a bit of effort into it, but all of a sudden John's perfectly fine after admitting to Marlena he has a problem.

They also didn't do anything with the "Theo has autism" storyline that was a chance to do something different.

• Members

Yeah.

She loathed Tony but she only kissed him when she saw how he was with Megan.

It wasn't jealousy as much as her acting out cause of her feelings about her own situation.

Michelle's Callie had personality & sex appeal that Siena couldn't match.

Nope.

Josh/Jill had some love but it was mainly a flop.

Y&R NEVER plays Nikki & Jill enough.

Any combo of those two & Jeanne is always fun.

• Members

Y&R seemed to have a real problem bringing men in that age range onto the show, or men who were supposed to be solid spoilers for existing couples (Jed, Kurt Costner, Keith Dennison, Blade/Rick, Cricket's father, Josh Landers). That continues today with Fluckers. I think the last middle-aged man they'd successfully brought in was Rex, although they gave up writing for him after a few years.

• Members

Sorry, I always took that kiss as Tricia's deranged way of trying to get Tony to cheat on Megan. She figured she was the blonde beautiful woman that men craved so she tryed to use that to get him to slip up. Didn't work though.

Partially, but I think too that she wanted to make Tony's life as miserable as her's was at the time. And loathed isn't even a strong enough word to describe Tricia's feelings toward Tony.

In any event, it didn't help that Jay Bontabalious (sp?) was playing Tony at the time instead of Nick Scotti.

• Members

GH: Brenda's death...I wish that [!@#$%^&*] was permanent :rolleyes:

GH: Rebecca NOT being Emily, but actually her long lost twin sister...I wish she had turned out to be Emily

GH: Skye's baby daddy....I wanted the baby to be Jax' from some one-night stand they had off camera :wub:

OLTL: Evangeline's death...I was hoping she was going to wake up one day

ATWT: Luke & Kevin....I wanted them to end up together

ATWT: Henry & Vienna...I wanted them to end up together, not him with whats her face :rolleyes:

• Members

The funny thing is, most soaps would have gone the Tricia wants to make Megan as miserable as she route. But they didn't. Which is sort of what made it interesting- she wasn't trying to punish Megan (not that Ms. Dennison would see it that way), but rather, Tony, who really & truly never paid Tricia any ill will, save for the fact that he was all wrong for her sister.

• Members

That's an interesting list of men there who didn't work out. Some of it was weak writing; were we really suppose to believe Ashley and Hope would fight over the sorry wishy-washy Kurt? that Jill would find love with a man as boring and tame as Keith? Or that Nikki would get the urge to marry her doctor?

One thing is though, aside from Brad I've always noticed most of Ashley's not-Victor relationships always went badly. Which is truly a shame, although Shari Shattuck didn't help matters much.

Archived