ALL: Storylines That Didn't End How You Wanted

• Members

It was agendas.

Nobody beats Grambo & Aunt Jack.

Brad was lucky but he usually got their scraps.

A lot of that is due to chemistry.

Eileen Davidson's very angular & lacks chemistry in most romantic pairings (Braeden & Diamont being exceptions), Brenda Epperson was very much in the typical soap heroine mold (and surprisingly had chemistry with Braeden & Diamont too) & Shari was just horrible.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I never saw her first go-round with Diamont, but, after watching Diamont & Epperson together, there's no comparison as far as chemistry is concerned. Frankly, I think the ONLY actors Eileen has chemistry with are Braeden & Bergman, with a side of Shackelford.

• Members

I think over time Ashley stopped being written as a character in her own right and simply became yet another of Victor's women. Y&R is a show which just has had increasing contempt for things like romance or a woman's identity over the past five-ten years.

Some of these characters the show just never had any idea what to do with. I still have no idea why Kurt Costner was brought on the show or what his early scenes with Katherine had to do with what he was involved in later. And of course Fluckers, who was clearly only brought on in case Eric Braeden left, and only stays around now because, presumably, Barbara Bloom wanted to hire a soap name.

• Members

This is going to sound bad, but Ashley was better written on B & B then she's been on Y & R in quite a long time. How can you even start to write ashley back to the way she was written before? I know that Ashley has had a long history of mental illness but when Epperson and Stattuck played the character, did Ashley ever have mental illness issues?

Nothing has changed in regards to characters with no clear purpose. I'm still thinking about what purpose Jana, Daniel, Devon, Kevin, Gloria, Jeffery, etc still have to the show. It's like they've played out their usefulness and are just hanging around.

• Members

GH

The Lulu abortion story. I thought it was a well done, well acted story...HOWEVER, I would have liked to have seen it be a storyline that lasted longer and was more serious. Where was Bobbie? She should have been a big part of that. Laura should have been brought back for it?

I could have seen Bobbie and Lulu going super close over it, with Bobbie helping her through it, just for Laura to return and want to take Bobbie's place, only for Lulu to be too attached to Bobbie for this instance, causing conflict between Bobbie and Laura.

They got it right with Luke's involvement.

Should have been more of a support system, supportion characters, of Nik, Lucky and Lesley.

Archived