Y&R Discussion for week of July 5th

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't buy this for a minute. Jess has been dressing like a frump for 6-7 years now, it started under Alden/Smith. I KNOW she wears her own jewelry, she's spoke about it on a few occasions, a friend of hers design those pieces. Jeanne wears her own clothes, and they didn't give Dickson any grief when she wore her own clothes... it saves them money. Jess has just LET HERSELF GO, and seeing how incredible Reinart has been looking lately just brings that all home. And I don't believe it's ageism, either... because Sharon Case and Amelia look like crap most of the time, too, while Stafford usually looks pretty good (Except her flat ass hair)and Hendrickson always looks good.

• Members

Tricia Cast looks great considering her size. I was expecting them to frump her up hardcore, but I appreciate that she isn't getting the Genie Francis treatment. I think she looks viable enough to go head-to-head with all the skinny bitches on the show. Even Tonya is settling into her new wig well. Her natural beauty is strong enough to rise above that hating hairstylist.

When Lynn Marie Latham put Jill with Ji Min they definitely played up her sexy side. We saw her in more form fitting dresses and she looked HOT. I think they had no choice considering she was being paired with such a young man. I don't think it's her fault she looks so bad now. Even her hair is now longer (which she needed), but it's so poorly styled. That's the show's fault end of story. I wish they'd fix up her wardrobe, but they probably figure it's no use since she's such a throwaway character these days. Such a shame they ruined what was developing with William Russ' Tucker.

Modern Jill seems to always pop up with something that shows potential and then they back off of it.

• Members

But when you consider how far Y&R's fashion has fallen that's not saying much.

Look how they dress MTS & Jess is one wrap camisole away from QVC.

Tricia's aged very well but Y&R has always had an issue dressing her.

The new wig is definitely an improvement but nobody as pretty as Tonya should have to wear a swiffer on their head.

But Y&R doesn't care about minority hair anyway. :lol:

The further Y&R moves Jill from the business world the more casual they dress her.

She's gone from Alexis Carrington to Reva Shayne.

• Members

:lol::lol::lol: I don't see why Tonya can't have a nice wig, is it a matter of her just taking whatever hair and makeup has? Because I know that the show truly does not CARE if these actresses do their own hair and makeup, as long as it looks good. Didn't Rowell say she also brought in some of her own wardrobe and did her own hair?

• Members

There is something that has been bothering me for a while; Mac says the reason she and Billy broke up was because she wanted to be the surrogate for Lily and Cane. Yes they had an argument over it but I thought the main reason they broke up for good was because Mac found out about the quickie Billy had in the alley behind Jimmy's. She realized that Billy was never going to change.

• Members

It's like they just take whatever dust ruffle they have, dye it black & toss it on her head.

Much like Tricia's clothes Y&R has long had a hard time with Tonya's hair.

If Y&R would let Tonya wear her hair natural it would be a lot easier but given the horrible wigs they slapped on Eva Marcille & Scottie Pippen things don't bode well for Tonya. :lol:

Archived