Y&R Discussion for week of July 5th

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree, she's fabulous in this role. I was worried about her age initially, but at this point, it doesn't matter. Today was STRANGE... there were glittering gems of wonderfulness and utter crap all within one episode.

1: I can't BELIEVE that they actually pulled out a piece of 70's background music during the Billy/Victoria scene... I haven't heard that piece in 15 years! :wub::wub::wub:

2: Jill to Nikki... "What do you suggest I do? Shake my tassels and MARRY in?" Line of the YEAR! :lol:

3: Muhney/Patty: This was sick and has once again made Adam completely irredeemable, but I guess that's their point. I thought his performance fell short. He should have injected more anger into his lines, a bit of Jess' gritting of teeth might have helped... he seemed like a camp counselor telling a ghost story.

4: Jill: Them having her be so desperate and pathetic makes me want to throw UP! On the other hand, I see her sueing Lauren for a share of Fenmore's. So while catty lawsuits I LOVE... the circumstances surrounding this one is CRAP. And in the last 3 weeks, they have just reduced the importance of Liz Foster to almost NOTHING. That is what I hate most of all.

• Members

Exactly.

SAVE THE OTTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Maria/Sheffer/Rauch/Hamner aren't the least bit ashamed about it.

Julianna gets a week of anemic story, a contrived illness & deathbed confession, an afterthought death & ONE THROWAWAY LINE to honor her legacy?

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE.

• Members

I wish they would give Abby something, anything to do other than degrade herself for fame, laughs, and cheap thrills. I laughed at Abby in the pool, but not because I thought it was really funny. I just laughed at the utter desperation of the character and this show. Thr Paris Hilton sh!t is so beneath her and beneath this show.

Why was Jill drinking a beer?! Not that I have anything against beer, I drink Budweiser just like every other self-respecting cheapass that can't afford a good glass of scotch at the club. But Jill drinking a beer just seemed so out-of-character and too blue collar for her. She has always strived for better. Why the hell would she drink a beer? And the clothes they pick for Jess are so unflattering and not the right color at all. She looked like the Kool-Aid Guy's mom. That's not right. Jess/Jill and her fans deserve better.

Oh great...it's not a normal day in Genoa City if Adam isn't gaslighting anyone, right? :rolleyes: Zzzzzzzzz.

I swear, it was like watching the worst of NBC Daytime in the 1990's. It was like everything bad about Sunset Beach mixed with Passions. Leah Laiman and Jim Reilly's estate should sue for plagiarism.

Downright embarrassing.

Also, Jill FENMORE!?! WTF! Jill fights for money and control, not a name. It just seemed so pathetic and desperate. It's like another way to degrade the Jill character by making her so petty and childish. The real Jill wouldn't give a f*ck about this plot twist.

• Members

Marcy Rylan is doing a good job, but I just can't like Abby. She's reminds me of Chloe, a character who's considered fun but she's vapid and shallow. If Daniel/Abby is going to happen then Micheal Grazeidei needs to shave and cut his hair. He looks like Chester the Molester.

• Members

Downright embarrassing = Today's Y&R Episode

Abby story is just laughable...so bad...

Adam & Patty....ugh....this story is going to drive me insane!

Jill Fenmore....yeah...whatever...I wish the Lauren of old would have bitch slapped Jill. I miss devious Lauren from the 80's.

• Members

I watched Y&R because I am home. I loved Marcy Rylan on GL and she is good here. Abby is ridiculous, but I had to laugh. Her story reminds me of when Victoria posed naked on the cover of a nudie magazine all those years ago.

Nothing to add about Adam.

• Members

Daniel/Abby = Daniel/Amber was obvious from the very first scene. If they are going to pair Phyllis with Deacon then she should go to.

Lauren's too busy raising Micheal's family to bother with Scotty. If Scotty were to ever come, I wouldn't mind Chad Brannon in the role.

I know, I wish she had someone really good to balance her out with.

Archived