Y&R Discussion for week of July 5th

• Members

OMG - a priceless cover.

The typically SiD heading plus some really bad hair...

img_cover_cbs.jpg

Looking very much forward to Laurelee even hough I already have nightmares what her secret might turn out to be.

Does ANYONE like TUCKER??? I usually adore Stephen Nicholls but he's falling flat for me in this role...

@ CalD2: the DC write-up is spot-on (especially in regards to JILL Foster ABBOTT!!!!!!!) the general flaws of the shows but very much wrong in regards to history details - e.g. Nikki has been a business woman for the past 10 years. Kay Alden tranformed the pillpopping shrewd into someone who wanted self-respect and dignity through her own achievements. Back in 2000 Nikki started following the stock market and got herself into business courses before jumping to executive positions at Jabot etc. Jack Smith and LML continued Nikki's new business side, as did MAB (till this year at least).

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Tucker is an utterly vacant character. I imagine Stephen Nichols fans are happy he's working and some fans seemed happy that Ashley was going to be with Tucker instead of Neil, but otherwise nothing. He's just a waste of airtime, yet another example of Y&R hiring an actor and not caring about the character. The truth is as soon as Braeden stayed with the show, Tucker was done. Bloom probably just wanted to give Nichols a job, and I don't blame her because he's fantastic, but on this show he is about as relevant as if he played Joe Blair or Keith Dennison.

• Members

Well... today Clementine Ford gave a sweet, tender, and moving performance.... something rare these days. When she said to JT "I love you" and then just realized what she said... very real expression on her face, just wonderful. But BOY... Kahlil just sucks day after day after day. the scene where she faints on the bed... how unfortunate. And the Nurse's dead delivery didn't help matters. That could have been a dramatic "OMG!" moment in the hands of a good actress with a proper background cue, but NO... we can't have that, can we? I'm glad more than anything, that Rafe went to Adam, told him to go to hell, and didn't get sucked into anything. Nothing I hate worse than a cute fag with no brains. Wish they could let Jill be as smart as Rafe is being lately.

• Members

Just skip to the last 5 minutes of the show. It really was bad. It didnt help that throughout the show Lily was looking a her phone the entire time while everyone was talking to her. I was picturing Khalil sending and looking at text messages not giving a f--k that she's in the middle of "acting".

• Members

That would not surprise me in the least. She hasn't even been crying when she's supposed to lately. In Beth's online interview, she talked about how rushed the shooting is nowadays, and how in the past, you could re-shoot a scene 3 or 4 times, and "Young, inexperienced actors could work up to tears if they need to", but everything is one take and move on... and everyone must hit the ground running. Kahlil sure would not have been able to hack Live to Tape back in the 70's would she? If she's failing this badly now. And the budget was good when she started (Meaning you could do extra takes), and her acting wasn't any better. If she was like Lauralee and actually GREW as an actress, I wouldn't be so hard on her. But she's not even treading water, she's DIGRESSING.

• Members

On one level it's a nice change to have a gay character on a show who's sexuality is just a part of the character instead of the whole character.

On the other hand the blatant homophobia behind his relative lack of a love life is just as ugly as the racism & sexism several of his fellow castmembers suffer from.

Archived