Y&R Discussion for week of July 5th

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

yeah, there was some throwaway scene afterwards but not much. Maybe she'll come back for Adam's trial this summer...

@ DeeeDee: they're keeping Rafe for PC purposes. He's the token gay character with the token gay boyfriend as Devon is the token younger "lead" black (u know for that certain story...) with the token black girlfriend (I cannot believe that Tatyana ALi shows up in the studo when they call her once a year - how this girl remains unemployed is ridiculous, she's great). It's all so shabby and pahetic: I mean GH did the token black couple 30 years ago under Luke&Laura (with Brian (?) and his girlfriend) and one would believe a mixed cast and more clever storytelling would be possible in 2010 - apparently not.

• Members

The dialogue on this show is so stupid. "Patty was reciting stuff about the crime scene that havent been released yet, so only the police and the real killer would know that" Well she just confused to being the real killer so therefore she would know that. DUH!

• Members

It's like someone has been watching Y&R for one or two weeks and decided to write a fan fiction. So Jill is a Fennmore now? Who would suggest something like that and WHY???

Could it be that MM had work done while Adam was away? I think he looks better know and the beard could be there in order to hide something...

• Members

You mean you don't enjoy seeing a woman who is over 40 years old "stand up" to her father...by hiding behind a man?

Paul "production values" Rauch has given this show the worst hair and makeup people and wardrobe people. I really wonder if all the gay men and older women were run off.

• Members

God, this show is so bad.

It's like they pull stuff out of a hat and decide what's gonna happen next. Or it's like one of those books you read when you were eight that said, "To go to this ending, see page 14, to go to this one, see page 80, etc."

"Because I love him!" :rolleyes:

• Members

Today wasn't half bad. Amelia's hair... YUCK. I agree wiht Bellcurve, can't someone run a comb through it??!! How FABULOUS did Cyndi Reinart look walking into that courtroom in that white dress and that hat? Skye is dressing like Jill SHOULD be dressing. I suspect she's doing her own wardrobe, cause everyone else on the show looks like sh!t. Someone needs to tell Jess to GO SHOPPING.

• Members

Someone needs to tell the wardrobe department to GO SHOPPING. This isn't Jess' fault. Even if Jess had fierce pieces at home to wear for her character, Rauch would reject her wearing them. Rauch's ageism and sexism are blatant and apparent on this show, especially with the way Nikki and Jill are dressed and treated. Outrageous.

So the days of fierce, businesswoman, whore-haired Jill are gone. Now we have white trash, beer guzzling, Kool-Aid man dressing Jill.

And is it just me or does the chick who plays Skye look alot like the chick who played Francesca on Sunset Beach?

• Members

I know I am close to making Jess Walton sound like she is horsewhipped backstage, but my guess is if she even considering bringing her own clothes or giving wardrobe suggestions they'd just use it as an excuse to dump her for being "difficult." That probably didn't do Dickson any favors, even though I loved a lot of the stuff she took to work to wear.

• Members

Amelia is a ______ who ______ that _ _ __ _________ when she _________________ _.

Not to mention Tonya's horrible wigs & Tricia's Walmart fashions.

She's not a minority so it wouldn't be (much of) a negative.

It would be "eccentric".

Archived