AMC: Tuesday June 29, 2010

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah, Lanie lived with Palmer, she'd often be seen playing Palmer's grand piano. I'm forgetting the exact circumstances at the moment, but she wasn't raised with Dixie and them, she had a more cultured upbringing. She was more like Nina (no accent either, btw).

• Members

Just looked it up:

1988: Melanie “Lanie” Cortlandt moved in with her uncle, Palmer Cortlandt, so that she could attend Pine Valley University that fall. As she played the piano for her loving uncle she saw a face she had not seen in years. It was her sister, Dixie Cooney, dressed as a maid in service to Palmer. When Lanie was a child she was known as Della Cooney. Her mother, Bess Cooney Hunkle, could not afford to care for her and her siblings, Will and Dixie. Luckily, another distant aunt offered to raise Lanie in Europe. Meanwhile, Dixie and Will grew up impoverished in Pigeon Hallow.

Palmer promised his nephew and nieces would never want again. Palmer became the father figure that the Cooney children never had.

http://www.pinevalleybulletin.com/Quick%20Guide/BiographiesWeb/RampalLanie.html

• Members

Thanks. So they are full blood siblings. Ive wanted Lanie back for years as I liked ehr when she was on. I want Noelle Beck in the role. She kinda looks like Paige Turco and she'd make a great addition to the Cortlandt family which barely has a presence now

dt_atwt_240_nbeck.jpg

• Members

Did you watch the clip; are you joking? Did you not hear Annie address Bianca and say "No, no, no not yet, Zoe loved the crystal". Thats not interacting? Annie wasnt talking to the wall. They were both at Fusion at the same time. You think they just walked by and never said a word to each other?

Annie is Annie. The only other people in their scene together as they got together were JR, Scott and Marissa. Why would JR think to introduced Bianca to Annie when she already knows her. Did you expect him to say, Bianca, "this is new Insannie, not to be confused with Annie, the woman that was helped at your Miranda Center, worked with you at Fusion and who's daughter was friends with your daughter"

• Members

Okay. So Annie and Bianca don't know each other at all, but they're daughters have played together and, as seen in the above clip, they worked for the same company for a while. Not to mention Annie was married a family friend of Bianca's. Right.

:lol: "Hi, Bianca. I used to know you, but I'm crazy now, so we have to start over."

• Members

Why is KWAK still on this show. She was only entertaining once, when she first got with Adam. Otherwise I haven't been able to stand her. I don't buy her as a paralegal :rolleyes: and I wanted Erica to say, "Gee where was all this friendship and concern when you took our Miranda".

I just don't feel anything between E/C nor do I see any reason why Erica would want, be attracted to, or care about him.

Jack looked totally hot :wub:

Loved JR's expression at what Palmer said and loved Scott's when he got the painting.

• Members

The Marissa/Annie scenes were awesome! This was the first time I actually took notice of Marissa, and saw a real spark in her. Finally thats starting to come out. BA didn't do bad at all in those scenes, and she held her own! And Marissa looked so hot, to! Loved her dress and the way they did her make-up. She looked great. Wow.

But the real shining star was Annie...omg LOL from the moment she came walking down those stairs in that over the top outfit with the veil, i just knew lol!! The way Annie said "Boring Little mouse" was so powerful and I love how it went to commercial after that. I was ROLLING, LOL!! I feel like there should be a youtube clip of just Annie saying that line. The look Marissa gave when Annie said "Extra pink flannel love" was priceless, she gave that "OMG did you really just say that?" face, lol!! Pure awesome that whole scene was. Great job, AMC. I am just loving the show, it is SO good right now to me!

• Members

While I was initially intrigued about Palmer's will reading, it left a lot to be desired. But then again, that's also speaking to the show as a whole. First off, Palmer leaving Cortlandt Electronics to Erica makes no sense. The ideal head of Cortlandt Electronics should be Pete, with Opal as a guiding force. Imagine the hi-jinks that would ensue with those two at the helm. Chalk it up to another missed opportunity. Instead it's another contrived plot in to get the audience to rally behind Erica and Caleb. Not going to happen. And the other items bequeathed sans Opal and JR were clunkers. Bianca and puppets; Scott and a painting of Stuart's -- um, okay. :rolleyes:

Secondly, can we please get Erica a worthy rival? Watching her trade barbs with Krystal is like a college professor engaging in a battle of wits with a fifth grader. Talk about insulting. Krystal's served her purpose (that is, if she had one to begin with).

Even the merry-go-round with Marissa/JR/Annie/Scott is getting redundant; however, I shouldn't be surprised given who penned today's script. :blink:

• Members

I don't know, I just don't see Pete even wanting to control the family company or having any desire for it. I'm more satisfied with Palmer leaving Pete a trust fund to do whatever he wants to do with life. I think Palmer wanted to leave CE to someone who he knew would be fully dedicated to it, and who loves Business. I'm glad he left it to Erica because we know how passionate she is about business, and I think he knew that to. Erica would be dedicated to the company, and I'm not saying Pete wouldn't be either, but I also think she would be happy with it to and actually want to control it. I just don't see Pete being interested in taking over at all. Giving half of the company to Caleb I'm not feeling, but who knows how it'll turn out.

Archived