AMC: Friday June 25, 2010

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dang, y'all weren't lying! There wasn't a single scene that wasn't without a Hubbard. I'm quite impressed with AMC/ABC! I very much enjoyed this type of episode too, I might even enjoy more episodes like this with other characters....well maybe not Ryan or Jake :)

LOL at Natalia after learning she had to buy everyone lunch: "Ok, y'all be gettin' salads!"

Debbi Morgan was HOT! She most definitely has an Emmy reel here... and she better get recognized for it. Great work!

Loved finally seeing a new set - Angie/Jesse's bedroom! Loved it.

The only flaw in this episode is Brot. Earlier this week Brot decided to take a leave of abscence, yet he was here working and celebrating as if nothing happened. A bit jarring for me.

• Members

lol@ Natalia "ya'll gonna be gettin salads"

On Angie/Natalia's convo = coming from a biracial person everything she said was on point actually my mother who is White had the exact same convo with me. WHite + Black in this country= BLACK

Debbie is AMAZING :excl: Yes she put on a clinic she had me in tears.

This episode was the best i've seen in some time. The Hubbards have so much chemistry that they feel like a real family. Debbie, Shannon, Cornelius & Darnell props to you guys. I will be watching this ep. again. :wub::wub:

Oh did I see what I think I saw? Natalia and Brot walked out holding hands? :wub:

• Members

Happy Birthday, Jonathan!!!! 1.gif

This episode....wow. Seriously, I was more of an emotional wreck with the Angie parts alone than i was when I was watching Alice Horton's memorial on DAYS shortly before. Truly a fantastic episode of AMC. Trying to piece together what i want to say here but I can't for some reason...

Great scenes, father/son bonding, so fun to watch. AMC should have done those scenes on location though in a real park!! Frankie and Jessie were like 2 feet away from each other...lol. Come on AMC, you are in LA now....

When Angie was stumbling around holding onto things because she could barely see, all i could think was how believable Debbie Morgan looked doing it. If Angie does indeed go blind, i think we are in store for some really powerful moments, and I think DM will put her spin on things and make it a really great story line, and something interesting to watch.

The part that really got me was when Angie was testing herself, and when she ran for that... Medical Encyclopedia i think it was??...and she had that shocked look on her face when she discovered she had endophthalmitis..i don't know about any one else, but i really felt for Angie on that part. Debbie Morgan's shocked facial expression on that part had such an impact on me, i was shocked myself, lol...

My absolute favorite part of the episode. Angie doing that audio log, all while we see Jessie and Frankie tossing that football around. HOW did Debbie Morgan memorize all of those lines?!? Amazing, and there were some pretty big words in there, to. That scene had a quiet power to it, and Angie having that mini breakdown at the end was like the cherry on top....fantastic scene, DM put her all into that. I will admit I was crying on that part, lol. Always surprising to me when i cry during soaps...

Oh definitely DM's Emmy reel material, no doubt. And am i going to far here when i say that i think this could be Best Writing Emmy material for next year also?

Their episodes never disappoint me...not one i don't think. I hate how these two are used so sparingly, like...twice a month.

• Members

SHAME on all of you who have mocked ANYTHING in this episode. :P An outstanding episode--amazing acting, and to complain about the lack of black characters on the show (which I think, out of all the current soaps is ridiculous on AMC anyway) in a thread devoted to today, is inane. So I says :P . Fantastic directing, dialogue, and acting--I did laugh about the conversation between Angie and Natalia about how hard it is to be a woman, and especially of colour currently though, I admit--in context.

Even characters like David I feel have been a bit out of character lately (and yes, I'm one of those rare fans who am enjoying thecurrent writing regime)--today they felt on target.

• Members

Well I suspect now, people will say that any decent ep will have been ghostwritten by Broderick--at least till she (inevitably) leaves. That said, I was surprised to see Agnes is STILL listed as top writer in the Emmy noms for this past year under Pratt--even thought Agnes actually (in her oh so polite way) spoke out against his plot driven work.

• Members

First off, Happy Belated Birthday, Jonathan!

At first I found the quick cutaways a little jarring, then I started to accept them. My only quibble is that I think the show should have gone to a commercial break right after Angie dictated her report while Jesse & Frankie were tossing the football because for me that was the emotional highlight of the episode (and the point where I started crying).

I wouldn't mind an occasional episode done in this style, but I hope it doesn't become a weekly thing or happen too often.

As a medical transcriptionist, I can safely say that recording would be transcribed by someone later on and become a part of the patient's permanent medical record. I have to wonder since Angie was dictating a report on herself if she used a fake name for the patient.

Archived