AMC: Friday June 25, 2010

• Members

You always bring up good points. But, I disagree. Fact is, this was the best "showcase" episode AMC has had ALL year (yes over the anniversary eps). We can pretend it's a fluke, but I think they realize how much we love Angie. Let's give it a few weeks to see if it's an ignored story, before we complain about "them coloureds" being pushed under the bus (I do have a strong feeling we will, but...)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm actually hopeful that this is going to lead to something great. That's why I brought up the David convo. The fact that we even got HERE is a freaking miracle so I'm willing to clap for Tinkerbell. My skilled writers remark wasn't a dig at S&K, the jury's still out on them for me. I'm even writing the network to tell them how pleased I am and I haven't written ABC in three years.

There's good signs all around this: the SoapNet promo they did a few weeks ago, the LACK of spoilers which means they're willing to let the story unfold, the fact that they used this "new" format. Like I said, AMC appears to be doing the opposite of everything the other two shows are and I pray it pays off.

• Members

But GH is the best soap on ABC, and don't you forget it. Say all you want about how "good" AMC is as long as you remember that, because GH puts on these spectacular stunts, it's heads and shoulders better than AMC and deserves its Emmy before it even gets it. Okay?

Yes, I'm a bitter old cow.

• Members

The way I remember it is, Brot *offered* to go on a leave of absence to ward off the Mayor's threatened budget cuts. Just like Natalia offered to put off her promotion.

Jesse said no to both of them because the Mayor was just talking about money as an excuse. So Brot didn't take that leave of absence.

Anyway, just watched Friday's episode. Glad there was positive reaction here, I liked it too, I was worried people would just grumble about it being too much like "Inside the Light" (which I loved at GL). Debbi Morgan was amazing! It was probably too long for an acting Emmy reel though. I didn't know endophthalmitis was a real condition until I came to this thread, makes me like the story even more now.

Archived