AMC: Friday June 25, 2010

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It was a near perfect episode that has put me in the awkward position of being grateful to ABC for something. All those brown people and all of them EXCELLENT actors, and everything else you mention, the directing, the dialogue. That scene where Jesse told Frankie about the pregnancy scare and Frankie looked freaked and just a teeny bit grossed out. They gave good material to actors who could handle it and it worked. Which begs the question: what storage unit do they have Frons locked up in? Because, seriously, you KNOW there's no way he greenlighted this. This was a Frons free episode. What's going on over at AMC that's so different from the other two shows on ABC's lineup?

ETA: The only drawback is that this jewel of an episode was on a Friday when ratings are usually the lowest.

• Members

A rare event on an ABC soap.

AMC does seem out of step with the other two ABC soaps. It is a real soap. I can't help wondering if this is good or bad from the network's perspective. Does this mean that ABC is giving the new team leeway to turn the demos around? Or does this mean that ABC isn't interested in AMC any more? Maybe Frons is just distracted by GH, Vanessa, and Franco. Whatever it is AMC is benefiting so it is all good.

• Members

I'm not sure about that. With Erica and Jack about to go on vacation the show might be willing to risk letting the Hubbards act as temporary lead characters and hope that the audience doesn't revolt too much before they can bring Kendall back.

(Please read the above statement with maximum allowable sarcasm and derision.)

• Members

The two best in their class on my birthday. :D

Thanks!

Thanks! ;) Right back at you.

I stated in another thread that I want All My Children to win in writing because I want to see Agnes hit Pratt over the head with the statuette.

Thanks!

• Members

And this is the problem.

The Hubbards & even David could work if Daytime wasn't so plot focused.

If AMC let The Hubbards be The Hubbards & not the latest characters that do extremely OOC stuff to facilitate the propping of agenda driven characters the show would be fine.

The same with David.

It's not necessary that he ALWAYS scheme or ALWAYS have a "justified" vendetta where all other characters (including his) logic & morals are compromised to keep him on the show.

• Members

In the hands of skilled writers, Angie's story and David's story would be on a collision course with each other and not in the usual "David saves the day" kind of way. His little speech about "protect yourself first" was more telling about HIS worldview than anything and the fact that this disease is Angie's consequence for failing to do that shows the flaw in HERS.

Also kudos to the show for giving Angie a real disease so we don't have to put up with weeks and months of talk about some vague, unnamed "condition" or "infection."

• Members

Exactly.

Soaps need plot but sacrificing characters for them leads to stuff like Rape The Lesbian, The Baby Switch That Wouldn't End, The Unabortion & Madden In A Box.

Look at how many characters barely recovered (or still have yet to) from The Baby Switch.

• Members

I'm not fond of blindness storylines because like I said I don't want this to end at Christmas where Angie is having a conversation with Fr. Clarence and then poof she's cured.

But I will take this story over anything McTavish would've written. Angie probably would've been raped.

Archived