June 14-18, 2010

Toups

• Members

I think OLTL will still be lower but perhaps not by very much.

GH is treading water at the moment. Liz in what might be her dumbest story ever, which is saying something. Endless stories about near-catatonic Michael and his messiah Jason. Endless scenes reminding viewers that Sonny is a terrible father but don't blame him, he knows not what he does. Kristina yet again throwing herself at men twice her age. Endless doses of asexual Lulu and her latest obsession, the self-righteous Dante.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All soaps suffer during the summer. The ratings tend to be lower in the summer. But I forgot to mention last week that all the CBS soaps were up from last year.

I don't know. VM might bring in the ratings. Remember she is returning in Sept when viewership of soaps is going back up. But i thught JJ return would bring in the ratings and it didnt.

• Members

Brenda is only back to prop Sonny which no one wants to see. I can see her return bringing in 3 million but it wont last especially in August when soaps do really bad. If they use her wisely with a good written story, it may be able to hold the bump but i cant imagine Guza doing that. GH has lost more viewers than any other soap. Frons and Guza refuse to wake up and see theres something wrong.

• Members

Lucky was destroyed in JJ's absence and no amount of teary eyes or Jason-loving or scenes where Luke deigns to tolerate his son again will make up for that. Add in the bizarre torching and rewriting of the L&L2 relationship upon JJ's return, the relationship which is what helped make Lucky more than just a rude teenager in the first place, and there's not much left. Lucky, like the Spencer family, has been made irrelevant.

VM might bring more of an increase, because Brenda was never destroyed, but as with JJ, there are many, many fans who left during her absence and are never going to return. GH spent a long time sneering at these fans and telling them they were not wanted.

• Members

I forgot to exclude Y&R from my comment that all the soaps' 18 to 49 women demos have horrible. Y&R as usual is holding its own.

I expect VM will give GH a bump that will disappear after a two to three weeks as those viewers flee in terror from the bad writing.

• Members

From everything I read GH is supposedly very good right now.

These shows are all so inconsistent- OLTL, Days, AMC

Or so consistently terrible-Y&R

or a blob of nothingness- I'm talking about you B&B!

That from week to week, the quality can vary tremendously. I have not watched OLTL once this week. I DVRed it and in the little description describing that day's show, it was all about teens and character's names I do not even know. F-ck it. Maybe next week.

• Members

GH as a whole isn't bad. They have characters being idiots - but hey, it's a soap opera. If we were looking for smart, thoughtful, considerate people we should look at the Waltons or Little House. This ain't it.

The problem this past ratings week is it felt like it was in a holding patter - same arguments, different day. They need movement on this stories. Some things can be dragged out but not everything can.

• Members

GH had Luke admit his marriage to Tracy was invalid. Patrick is going to cheat on Robin. Carly & Jax are separated, possibly divorcing. Maxie & Spinelli are breaking up. Lulu and Dante are on overload. Jason is in prison & Sam lied so she vpuld sneak in for some sex. Elizabeth is pregnant with a baby made from an affair. Michael may or may not have been raped in prison.

There used to be love, adventure, romance. Now it's only lying, cheating, or just plain sleaze. At least IMO. Why would viewers want to watch this?

Archived