June 14-18, 2010

Toups

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When I was watching full time last year that is one of the things I enjoyed most about the show. Them and Claudia were the bright spots for me and anytime Luke and Tracy were on. Those were my 5 favorite characters on the show besides Jason who I can by just looking at sometimes. LOL

• Members

Wow. I can't believe that GH, ABC Daytime's crown jewel, is below OLTL in total viewers and is barely leading them in the all-important 18-49/18-34 category. This at a time when OLTL is in teen hell.

AMC seems to have had an uptick. I wonder if it's because of Bianca returning or something else.

• Members

Yeah, OLTL is really focusing on the teens, but IMO, it's not that bad only because the stroryline isn't that bad. It could be a lot worse. For me it's Y&R and it's terribly inconsistent storytelling that's getting to me, but I continue to watch. Don't watch GH so I can't comment on it.

• Members

Good for GH. Unfortunately these low ratings will never wake up Frons and Guza to change something. Soaps may be losing the usual amount of viewers year to year but no show has lost as much as GH.

OLTL has been pretty teen heavy but im ok with it. Theyre on a big budget. From the promos, AMC looks pretty good but im a bitter OLTL fan who will never watch AMC because of the way OLTL is treated by ABC and Agnes Nixon.

• Members

For me the cookie cutter teens (hard bodies, dark hair, weird faces, most of them look closer to 30 than 20) and the degrading way that characters like Matthew or Markko are treated is what make me less interested in these teen characters. I also think Danielle is one of the most worthless characters the show has ever created. And the other stories are also so spottily written, it's just difficult to find the pieces to enjoy. I do want OLTL to stay on the air and I do want to enjoy the show, I think I am sometimes just too tied to the past.

Y&R is just a lazy, pathetic mess, but apparently endless stunt casting, humiliation of women, and propping of worthless pieces of sh!t like Victor and Billy is the way to go to get ratings.

• Members

I like to think its because they're going back to some classic soap tropes with modern twists. They have workplace fights for control (Erica/Greelee, Angie/David); classic romance with a shoe about to drop (Erica/Jack/Greenlee/David, Angie/Jesse/illness, Tad/Liza/Damon/Colby, Madison/Ryan/?)

There's a blissfully happy couple - Jamanda

Class/birthright issues: Scott v. JR

I don't love it all but I recognize it.

• Members

ITA. Other than Damon and Liza's sizzle, I'm not into AMC. However, I think it is the best of the bad lot at the moment. The Greenlee/Erica confrontation in the elevator was soapy. AMC feels like a classic soap again.

• Members

That's a very good analysis, I hadn't thought about it. I haven't watched the show on a regular basis in a while so I was only going by some of the comments here, which seem mixed. The structure you lay out does seem like what soaps used to be. I think they are missing some of the touches which made AMC unique (unless you count Jake's mugging as humor) but then those have been missing for a long time now. There seems to be a lot of excitement here about Annie/JR and Liza/Damon so I guess that might reflect some stronger viewer interest.

• Members

Glad to see AMC up again. Deserves it, imo. Wish the show would show growth in those demo's to, though...anyway, looks like people tuned in for nuBianca, Liza/Damon/Tad/Colby, Scott/Annie/JR, the beginning of Angie's storyline, and Erica standing up to Caleb.

Any time i think GH is doing ok, the ratings sink....lol

Archived