June 14-18, 2010

Toups

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You don't actually believe this is good news for Y&R, do you! :lol: They may be up from last year, but geez considering the big hoopla that has been going on lately, they should not be losing viewers from week to week and especially now. All these supposedly big daytime stars from other shows and nada. If the writing doesn't support it, oh well. Their #s are a big disappointment to this viewer.

Let's pray to the soap gods that July sweeps will be a decent one. I would like it to be so I can at least enjoy this show again.

• Members

Woot woot, AMC! Great points by people about how it is back to the classic soap structure! Another work-based story is at the police station, with the Mayor and Jessie clashing over his treatment of David and Natalia's promotion. For once, quality is paying off in the ratings. Hope it lasts.

I have to disagree on specific pairings other people want though. I am not into Damon/Liza, I think that would be awful to Colby for Liza and for Damon to do anything. Nor am I into Annie/JR, I think Annie should not mess with JR's family.

As for what people were tuning in for last week, I think a big part of it has to have been the payoff on that Monday of the previous Friday's cliffhanger -- Greenlee telling the truth about the plane, and whether David was implicated in that. Do not underestimate the pull of dramatic reveals, nor of David Hayward/Greenlee Smythe!

• Members

LOL...yeah, No....this is not good news for the show!! They need to kick it up a NOTCH. Pretty soon, people are going to start asking LM what is the feasibility of still having soaps (especially as ATWT is going off the air soon which will make the 2 remaining soaps come under great scrutiny) or worse they will be asking "WHERE'S THE MONEY"!! :lol:

I would feel a lot more comfortable if I could see some investments being poured into Y&R and B&B going forward..but I don't know about that anymore.

• Members

But the point is that there is a soapy story for everyone and no one couple is dominating the airtime. If you like a sappy love story there is Jake and Amanda or a budding romance there is Ryan and Madison. If you like a scandalous story there is Annie/JR which I don't like or Liza/Damon that I love. There is also the work place battles between Erica/Greenlee and their allies. We also have Angie's illness and Jesse's troubles. Currently, AMC is a well rounded soap. It just too bad that more women in that key demo are not watching.

• Members

Way to go, GH! Stick to your guns. Don't let a little thing like viewer disgust and tanking ratings stop you. Keep playing the old song and dance while throwing new people into the mix every few weeks. No use actually writing a story for characters viewers know about already. Lies, cheating and sleazy sex scenes (instead of LOVE scenes) will prove your vision. Unfortunately viewers just don't like what you're showing. I wonder if the advertising execs can read the numbers?

• Members

He's dreaming. He'll be lucky to be in the 2.0's by the end of summer. He's always been Amber (Scamber to many fans) crazy and pimped her as an exciting lead character -- she's never been a ratings draw. Brooke with Oliver was the last straw for many fans and I think the drop is just beginning for this show.

Brooke and Oliver counted as an 'excellent storyline' by BnB writers, if that's any indication. It was supposed to be 'uncharted territory'. Same crap, different day... and sadly, not even different players.

Thank YOU! Isn't it amazing that they refuse to change a darned thing? DS's Claire was such a breath of fresh air... and now she's just another mob apologist who slowly sees the charm and purpose of the mob boys. Dante's life deserves to be blown apart of upholding the law, and Carly gets crazier by the day. Kristina and Johnny? Argh!

• Members

I tried to get into GH this week and just can't. I can watch almost any soap but Sonny works my last nerve and Luke acts like a dude who did way too much acid back in the 1980's. As for the jail rape issue, Guza could have really done something with the topic considering it is socially important (not sleeze). So many young guys go to jail for small crimes and leave with HIV after rape. The stats on this are shocking. I can remember back to when soaps did stories that actually mattered.

I honestly believe that OLTL is about to surge. There is every reason to think that the show should pick up some fraction of ATWT viewers since there will be no other soap to watch. I know GH didn't get any boost when GL went off the air; however, GL was a morning soap in many markets plus had been a walking dead show ratings wise for the final four years. ATWT was doing better than OLTL till 2009 and, if the show bring on a few World cast members, has everything to gain.

Archived