AMC: Wednesday, June 23, 2010

• Members

Re: Clear Drama, could be, I can see that too. David's being painted into a corner and if I didn't know better I'd think that they were writing VI off the show, so without any solid proof of that at this point, I'm wondering how David will find redemption and/or receive minimal punishment. You can only have a character doing scenes in prison for but so long, and you can't have a freed pariah acting scenes by himself in Wildwind every day, so I wonder.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Erica and Bianca only worked for him in that way when there was still a tie between him and those women, that's gone now. Is anyone really going to believe it or would Erica/Bianca think he did anything more then his job at this point? I dunno. Maybe Miranda (this would be my first choice) or Gabby if the show brings them back. I'd love for him to almost die saving Miranda. That I would believe. That I would feel. That would work toward redemption. Really at this point, I don't know how they're going to fix this.

• Members

I'm really beginning to wonder that myself. I don't believe the show can afford to lose the character of David right now, not with Adam's exit still so fresh. The canvas needs male characters who can run the gamut from vulnerable to brutal, who could love and hate fiercely. In past times that was Adam and Palmer. Right now the only character like that is David.

If all this crap leads to breaking him down and showing us some layers then I'm all for it but it will have to be something huge.

• Members

there was a time that I wanted Erica back with David but after the events of this past month after what he's done to her and Bianca and is continuing to do, they are effectively dead to me. I cant beleive Im saying this, but at this point, she's better with Jack, and I hate those 2 together

• Members

This might be the ONLY way left to redeem him. IMO he needed to have a breakdown, actually be impacted emotionally and completely by his actions, a long time ago. I don't want him to ever stop being David, but he needs to realize that he has GOT to have people in his life that pull at his heart strings. Who, just by virtue of being in his life, make him a better person. That used to be Erica an Bianca, and to some degree Greenlee...now there's no left (well technically still Greenlee, we'll see how long that lasts).

As much as I have loved the David and Erica dynamic since their breakup, I never thought they'd stand a chance as a couple again. To much has happened, and they had so many issues with trust before all of that. Now, it could never work. But before all of this, AMC absolutely could have done a hot, angry/hate, passionate ONS with them, or even a fling where their feelings blurred a bit before they realized they couldn't be together again. That's all gone now. :( Will the chemistry still be there? I have NO doubt. Will Susan and Vincent still bring it and bring out the best as actors in each other? Again, no doubt. But the emotion, the bond, the connection, that's toast. And without that, all the other stuff means nothing. K&S have effectively broken in a month, what every other HW for 10 years kept alive.

Archived