AMC: Debbi & Darnell on The Mo’Nique Show

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You actually think Ive been watching this mess long enough to find that out? Thank god I missed it. It really has to be someone I love enough to attempt to sit through an hour of her show. Ive only seen a couple of shows and it was too much. Id hope she'd improve and tone it down. Im praying that if I catch the Debbie/Darnell and Victoria Rowell segments that is not as bad as I remember

• Members

Oh geez, I'm 5 minutes into it and I know what you mean Cheap! GAG ME.

I enjoy Mo'Nique's standup...and even her stint on Charm School. But after Precious and the award shows and now this show... GAG ME.

Don't get me wrong, she did a wonderful job in Precious, but it wasn't really a stretch for her...she was just playing herself. :ph34r:

• Members

I saw it...thought it was incredibly hard to watch...but I respect the movie and think it was well made!

I'm not saying Mo'Nique does the terrible things in real life like she does in the movie... but her delivery is very similar to the way she presents herself in interviews, award speeches, and her show. That strong, fearless, huffing and puffing, short, dramatic, slow, pausing delivery... you KNOW what I'm talking about. She preaches in normal conversation, which is how she delivered her attitude towards Precious and any other character in that movie.

Anyway - back to Debbi and Darnell! :)

• Members

I have no idea what you're talking about, honestly. I didn't see any of that in her character in Precious.

Anyway, is Darnell gay? I've always assumed and they avoided mentioning anyone for him when Debbi was talking about her husband.

Archived