Joan Collins on Forbidden Love (Verbotene Liebe)

DaytimeFan

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ITA - it's Telenovela lighting. So oozy and schmoozy and what is the worst thing: apart from the lighting this show would look stunning.

Joan's guest stint is wonderful though. What great fun: the entrance, wardrobe, a boy toy... Thanks for posting, DaytimeFan.

• Members

Now that's luggage. Just how exactly does one travel with such a piece? :P

I really like the lighting and think it would look great on a soap, kind of reminds me of a warmer version of '90s GL's. I think the blur is accentuated by the transfer as the subtitles are also slightly out of focus (wish the German parts were subtitled in English too :( ). But I have noticed this trend lately on other shows, well especially reality shows and commercials, where they over-blur whatever isn't the main focus. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Like a person will be in focus but the sofa she's sitting on and the flowers and lamp next to it will be out of focus.

And it's not just rack focus but a post-production effect.

• Members

Kinda chuckling at the toyboy's English phrasing :D :

"There were at least three little countesses present tonight."

"What is that meant to mean?"

"Your jealousy's completely unfounded."

Might I add that the lighting is flattering to Joan's wig, well, in longshots.

• Members

Having rewatched everything, I have to say, THAT is how you do a 3 episode guest arc. Joan's little storyline had a beginning, middle and end. Best of all, it had a clever little twist and played against the usual 'rich older woman taken advantage of by young stud' angle by having Joan play the con.

She should make a habit of this kind of work, short guest stints on foreign soaps, I wonder if France has anything for her? After that, Brazil? Korea?

• Members

That was a nice little twist. I also like that they didn't try to make her speak German, instead she used her native language and that helped to show her talents. She looked great in the black outfits and black furs.

I can see her fitting into a lot of shows, if they make the effort. On the German soaps, she could go on All That Matters as some sort of figure skating judge or grandmother to a pampered young skater.

VL/Forbidden Love has been having ratings trouble, so hopefully she will help.

• Members

As far as I know, Joan enjoyed her brief stint at VL. She also said that she would like to return if needed.

That kind of lighting is used by all German telenovelas ("Sturm der Liebe", "Hanna" etc.) I don't know when (and why!) VL began using it as well because I usually don't watch VL.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived