How much lower can Y&R go?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yep. I think if you are going to speak up at all you'd best not be a female over 40 who doesn't have a contract. In fact, if you aren't EB or PB, you'd best keep your mouth shut and do your job or your character will end up swimming with the fishes, literally. To the lake!

I'm not thrilled with this story, but seeing Lauren get some real airtime for awhile will be a nice change from seeing the same faces nearly ever single day. As you say, we should probably just be glad the character wasn't killed off. Well, maybe I best not speak to soon. The way this show is going Lauren will be killed and Momma Bear will survive. :unsure:

• Members

I'm starting to think people keeping watching because they afraid that it would go off the sir. Of course KSJ is a black man in a white man world. I know that they are upset, that they can't replace him with the new Malcolm. I still believe they recast Malcolm to kick KSJ. Maybe bringing in Recast Dru will give them the power to kick KSJ unless she's becomes Malcolm & not good recast then they will have to find another way to kick him out.

• Members

I'm telling you Adam is going to come back as a male Victor, Nick, or even Jack. Of I forgot that had Billy come in his face. or a female Phylia, Ashley, Sahron, Abby. & if he comes back as a female nobody going to notice the muscles or the height difference.

• Members

I know this isn't a Michael Muhney friendly board, but Y&R is frigging boring without him and Adam stirring things up!

I've deleted Y&R from my DVR since Adam's supposed death, and I won't be bothering to watch this dumb Lauren/Sarah nonsense.

Y&R has to be fast becoming the worst soap on air!

• Members

The Adam/MM stuff had become pure nonsense and silly. It lost all drama long time ago way before MM took over the role. Adam being gone doesnt bother me the least. They had a great opportunity to make Adam a strong visible character instead he turned into a complete joke.

• Members

Instead of how much lower can Y&R go...we should ask...How long will this go on??

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/FIK5F4zRN0Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/FIK5F4zRN0Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src=http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/FIK5F4zRN0Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&border=1 type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

• Members

This what happens when you have MAB-inexperienced head writer,Sheffer-who has claimed that he hates 'traditional' soaps and Rauch - who is trying to prove he's still relevant- working as one evil force.

They think that to keep the show alive and be contemporary they have to focus on ' shocking events' and the fact that the ratings have held steady is their justification.

GH did the same in the 80's by trying to repeat the stuff that worked for them when they were #1,but viewers ultimately tired of the imitation Monty style of show.

I'm sure that very soon,there will be another dip and a 3.4 will be the weekly average.

As for Rauch's claims on production,the show looks tired-costuming,hair and makeup are lousy and HD makes the sets look cluttered,scruffy and tiny.

And it is getting freaking annoying looking at the same 6 or so sets day after day.

All the talk of the 'Bell legacy' is nothing more than the fact that a lot of the same characters are still around and past events are being misused to propel new story.

The claims that the far-out stuff works because it is all character based is the same line every writer/producer uses to justify lazy/inept plotting.

GL did it with the clone,Days with possession etc.

Having 2 lookalikes on at once is probably seen as campy fun.

Y&R today is an embarassment.

Archived