How much lower can Y&R go?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lauren was in that pile the minute she became a Kevin propper.

It's just gotten worse for the character with each HW since then.

So were Drucilla fans & Victoria fans & Brad fans & Nikki fans & Neil fans & Jack fans & Sharon fans & Nick fans & Victor fans & Mackenzie fans & Billy fans & Nina fans & Colleen fans & Ashley fans & Adam fans & Traci fans, etc.

Lauren fans are FINALLY getting what they've been complaining about.

Their favorite character in a front burner story in a dual role.

Does the writing suck? Of course.

Does TB deserve better? Of course.

Does Maria ruin everything she touches? Of course.

That's what happens when self important fanbases get hosed. :lol:

Definitely.

And it'll be even worse when Maria does her THIRD double story in the next few months. :ph34r:

• Members

Yeah, I don't see Y&R ever falling from the #1 position. I don't even want that to happen because it will mean Y&R is on the edge of cancellation, not that the other soaps have risen. I'm not even hoping that Y&R falls at all because I admit to wanting this version of Y&R over no Y&R. Daytime soaps are going to be extinct soon enough, I'm not wishing it to happen at a faster rate than it already is.

I'm just shocked that it hasn't fallen more because they've basically changed the show from a relationship drama to this shock and awe mess where one crazy thing after another is happening at lightening speed. You make a point with the time slot advantage and i think it also helps that they have a lot of their vets in place still. I guess time will tell if the audience has their limits or if they really do want to see the women of GC terrorized by one psycho after another.

• Members

Because they will.

And will defend it's blatant racist, sexist & homophobic agendas in the most inane ways to the very end.

And that's a sad commentary on the current state of Daytime.

You see how much respect they get when they speak out. <_<

• Members

I don't understand why this writing team has to feed rubbish to fans about writing the show the "same way Bill Bell did" when they know for a fact their show is a very different show and out of touch with the roots of this show. It's damn disrespectful to the years blood, sweat, and tears Bill poured into this show trying to make it a success. These hacks have no shame.

• Members

The thing about Latham's ridiculous "writing" was that most of the vets & their characters were still viable & energetic enough to carry the show.

Now they vets & their characters are too tired/ruined/marginalized to transcend the poison of Y&R's current regime.

• Members

How so? Several of these people weren't even on the show when Lauren started playing victim to a psycho. All I'm saying is that the psycho story has been something Lauren has been dealing with for 20+ years, so I think it's understandable that people want something different for the character. We've seen her do this over and over and it's pretty stale. It's kind of like wanting Nikki to not go back to groveling for the opportunity to be Victor's punching bag or wanting Victor to lose a battle to Jack. We aren't going to get it, but can you really blame us for wanting it? :lol:

I'm not sure Sheila's sister showing up would really even bother me, if not for the fact that this show is overloaded with crazy villains. Maybe I even would have been nostalgic for one more round of Sheila (KB not Phelia) and Lauren, if not for Phelia, Patti, Adam and Momma Bear, but as things stand I can barely stomach the idea of it.

Wow. I think if this happens, I may actually take another break. I'm the epitome of the viewer who watches out of habit and loyalty, but even I have my limits. I took a month long break after Ashley's baby and Zapato were murdered and I feel another one coming on.

• Members

Sadly if Y&R was knocked down from the number 1 spot I still don't think MAB and company would change anything. The show didn't get an Emmy nod for best show last year something that hasn't happened in years while B&B got one and won and the one thing that happened regarding both shows was MAB left B&B as a writer and went to Y&R so that tells me it's her. MAB is too cocky to admit she's a hack and therefore I don't see her ever writing anything remotely like the great Bill Bell did. I understand she wanted to come up with some drama for the Fisher/Baldwin clan but why not build off of somethings that were onscreen like instead of Kevin running around dressed up like a chipmunck robbing banks didn't she come up with Kevin dealing with his abuse as a child and maybe he and Jana reaching out to child that is in the system that's been abused. Why not have Lauren deal with Michael & Phyllis' close friendship or bring Scottie back with some kind of addiction instead of going the lazy way of Sheila.

• Members

The same reason why folks like Hinsey & Bibel & Nelson give TPTB a pass.

They don't want to be excluded & want to be ahead of the curve. So instead of taking people to task they give fluff interviews that amount to a bunch of empty words, broken promises & useless ass kissing.

• Members

I would think Tracey is genuinely pleased that she is finally being used on the show and being allowed to stretch as an actress, and no way is she going to say something negative after being backburned for so long last year. Plus, she has always been a team player and never one to complain. She was aware of those rumors of Lauren being killed off last summer, and she was not happy and did not know why she was backburned so much last year, so to actually get to be in a frontburner story is much better than not having a job.

But after following her for years, she has hinted in the past that she is not crazy about all the Sheila storylines and has subtly mentioned she would like Lauren to have more of an edge many times, but in this climate you act what the writers tell you to act.

So I am sure she would love a storyline where someone was going after Fenmores or Michael and she could play the bitch, but because Maria and Hogan don't want to write a logical story and are all about shock and awe storytelling, she and the other actors are stuck playing what they are written.

The only thing they can do is give their all, as actors, and hope somehow they can bring something to these lame stories.

• Members

The funny thing is, a lot of people in the industry know all about Maria's arrogant behaviour and how she thinks she does nothing wrong and can never admit to any mistakes.

I remember last year when someone tried to tell me Maria wasn't that type of person, and then the infamous Nelson interview came out where she said the show was "All by design" and she admitted to no mistakes being done, even when Nelson took her to task on the state of the show. :lol:

Archived