Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

RHOBH - What was up with Garcelle's sweater that she wore to Kyle's house?  It was just sleeves and a cowl neck?

RHOP - I continue to be sympathetic toward Gizelle because her humiliation at the reunion felt like an undeserved gang-up.  However, her desire to have Karen apologize for coming after her "family" seemed delusional.  Gizelle has come hard for Karen and never backed down or apologized, so thinking that Karen would afford her that grace is not reasonable.

I've always felt that Robyn shines in the confessional.  She has good quips and is quite observant when it comes to her opinions of the other ladies.  I am particularly intrigued by the groundwork that seems to be put in place for a mental illness/depression storyline.  Depression is under diagnosed in Black women, and it would be an interesting opportunity to shine a light on that issue.

I am not intrigued by the new housewife at all so far.  The inner harbor in Baltimore is pretty far from Potomac, which makes me wonder where Wendy lives.  However, she seems devoid of humor or any self reflection, which is not a good sign.

RHONY - With regard to Eboni, I agree that it is the inorganic nature that she was introduced that seems to be the issue.  Along with the claustrophobic nature of the ladies always being confined to closed spaces.  I like Eboni when she's drunk, and I think there is something interesting about her desire for fame which motivated her to work for Fox News and ruined her credit.  However, she hardly seems like the right person to educate the other women on the movement because her relationship to the cause seems mostly journalistic rather than actually working on issues regarding inequality.

Lastly, I have three issues with RHONY Bershaun.  (1). She's a shapeshifter, in the confessionals she looks 10 lbs heavier than when she appears in Salem.  (2) Was she married to a banker or a baker?  I can't figure that out.  (3) I am still waiting on the rest of the fandom to do the research on her many lawsuits.

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I fully agree with that (especially since Karen wasn't the worst offender here) but it felt like a gimmick to "restart" the storyline for a new season. As discussed above, producers probably coax them to get the ball rolling in some ways before letting the momentum determines where the season then goes.

Andy said he hadn't seen the audience turn on a Housewife like they have with Leah this season but I'd suggest he peruses the 180 in fan consensus on this forum with Eboni and now Bershan in a matter of just weeks.
I am not going to lie: I bit my tongue with Bershan in the runup to her showing up on-screen but I always suspected her enduring friendship with and defense of Ramona should be a red flag she wasn't going to be what we were imagining so I wasn't too surprised with this turn of events.

Edited by FrenchBug82

• Members

Karen and Monique tried to paint the picture that Gizelle was conning them by returning to a relationship with Jamal, rather than showing any compassion for Gizelle (who has been very unlucky in love) who had been betrayed by no fault of her own.  It wasn't like Gizelle was trying to self-produce because Jamal barely showed up to film with her.  So, their glee at her heartbreak was a poor reflection on themselves rather than a triumph over her prior shadiness.  Quoting anonymous gossip blogs takes a lot less mental capacity (even when compiling them into a binder) than deriving an original bon mot which is why I am still on Gizelle's side.

• Members

@DaytimeFan @Taoboi Oh for sure, I thought the same thing about that non-waterproof mascara. What a perfect picture of a woman down on her luck, utterly devastated by her duplicitous husband as she struggles to stay afloat amidst and messy divorce. Great performance, but: 

Please register in order to view this content

Rinna being her goofy self-deprecating Rinna self, alongside her bumbling hubby Harrry Hamlin, is what is endearing about her. It makes her fun and relatable again. Agreed with you guys and others saying it's Season Five throwback; the reason we fell in love with her in the first place. Keep this version. 

• Members

I think of Potomac's Robyn as ATL's Cynthia. A constant supporting player that's needed to round out the cast. Although she's a gremlin, Gizelle softens in scenes with her bestie Robyn. 

The big difference, of course, between Cynthia and Robyn is that Cynthia has had her fairytale wedding happy ending (twice, technically!) while Robyn is still stringing hers along. But I'm down for exploring depression, especially for women of color. 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

Yes...you would think a diva like Erika would know...oh, wait!!!

As for Rinna, it's been a whhhhhhhhhhhhilllllllllllllle since I've seen Lisa Rinna so it's nice to see her again. I would not at all mind if thye keep THIS version.

Yeah, Robyn is always (outside of the clear friendship with Gizelle moments) better when she's away from Giz. She is totally the Cynthia.

Uh oh...

POTOMAC

And then I OOPS!!!! LOL.

Ashley and Candiace getting their life from the arguement took me out.

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

I am not loving the energy in this clip either but I hear her argument about why are THEY so pressed when Karen isn't?
I find it irritating when friends of someone pick a fight that even that someone chose to walk away from. But I reserve judgement until we see the entire argument. I can see Wendy being the "lecturer" but there might be reasons she brought it up

• Members

I don't know. Given we already know the major feuds coming...not to mention a salad toss...a mini-feud a la Sutton vs Crystal (or a fun petty one like Kenya vs Sheree) can be what the doctor (sorry, Wendy) ordered. And since we know Mia vs Wendy will be more than likely more short-lived than Sutton vs Crystal since POTOMAC tend to keep it moving, some fun feuding can be fun. And like I said above Candiace and Ashley were giving fun shade energy so I'm good with that. And I'm sure we have all had that friend...if not been that friend.

Please register in order to view this content

That just makes it relatable. 

Wendy probably just feels threatened now that she's in La Dame's good graces and here comes another newbie who is also vouching for La Dame's attention. But like you said, that can all change once the episode airs.

I admit if anything come out of this season it will how Erika is making me up my shade game. Cuz she is making it too easy. lol. 

• Members

Agreed. Based on this clip alone, I'm not feeling Wendy TBH. She is doing a little too much too soon and her sudden devotion to Karen comes out of nowhere. Last season she dogged her continually (and that includes on the After Shows filmed later). Wendy has since taken fan reaction into account and is adjusting accordingly. It feels performance-driven. Not that Mia isn't performing but she handled Wendy's attack out of nowhere well.

Edited by Cat