Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

Well I always liked Marlo and still do so clearly that wasn't meant for me. Plus, I don't think I didn't start posting on here about housewives until s5.

But people can say the same about Phaedra's first season too. She came in trying to come for Nene and Kim hard, but she was [and still is] able to get a reprieve. OK. :rolleyes:

• Replies 38.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The thing with Claudia is that she wasn't meant to be a housewife, so she deserves a full season to see how she would work out. It's obvious that she was edited into the pre-Puerto Rico episodes and as a result she didn't have much non-group footage after that time. I think she did a good enough job, certainly better than Porsha and deserves another year. I also don't think she came for Nene as much as she couldn't let it go after their initial conflict.

• Members

Claws is not a HW and not sure if she ever has been one. Kandi snuck in but she added to the show. Kenya and her fake boyfriends should not have been allowed, but she does provide some entertainment. At some point, this needs to get back to actual HWs. Divorced woman are fine, IMHO, because at one point, they were married during the show. HW will be fine w/out Claws who does not know when to back off.

• Members

Claudia has been married. She has said it numerous times on this show. She said it when she first appeared and talked about it with Phaedra in Manila.

And I am sorry but I am over people bringing up women not being married being cast on these shows. Andy has said it a hundred times that the term housewives is a turn on the traditional definition. He said that any woman can be cast. A woman that has been married, a woman that is married, or a woman that aspires to be married.

None of these women are traditional housewives. None of them stay at home and cook and clean. Most of them run businesses. Most of them use this show to catapult them into the business world.

Lastly, this show, since the very beginning, has always had a single, unmarried woman on the show. Jo, who was on season one the OC, [which another poster brought up when this was brought up about two weeks ago] was the original single woman. Bethenny was the next. Kandi soon followed. It's in the show's canon.

I'm over people grabbing at the low hanging fruit.

Edited by Nothin'ButAttitude

• Members

I know yall keep saying Claudia was added as a housewife at the last minute but this show runs for 6 months out of the year. If her life was popping like that they would have filmed stuff in post production because as far as I can see she's boring. She can stay on as Kenya's friend.

• Members

True but she was still unmarried, which people bring up.

I'm just over people using that as an excuse for women they don't like being on the show. It's disputable because Andy has established the meaning of housewives countless time. I see this all over the Internet on various boards and comment sections and it's old. Tired. Played out.

None of these wives shows cast just wives. Except Married to Medicine. But the rest of the shows always cast a single, unmarried girl so she can rival the married women.

And the sanctity of marriage is garbage anyways so why are we still harping on the titles husband or wife. They don't mean sh-t nowadays anyways. Might as well remain single and unwed. It's less stressful.

• Members

But again, that is production's fault. They should stop switching up the casts mid shooting. As Kenya's friend, she knew she had to show out in hopes of being bumped up [a la Brandi] the next season. Once she got the peach mid-season, there was no need for her to turn up [even though she still did] that much anymore. Production needs to pick a cast from the cast and stick with it. And I said earlier, they need to trim down on episodes anyways. 22 episodes a season is becoming too much.

But at this point, they should've just given all eight women a peach. NYC did. It wouldn't've hurt to see Demetria's arc and perspective on matters. It might've lightened up the show some more.

• Members

IA. I think that the next batch of women need to be married and/or have kids for the family moments which are missing. Im torn on Claudia, bc I do think she should have remained a friend this season but at the same time we all know about how she was edited in after the fact so her material was sparse. She might improve in a second season but Im not sure she is worth taking that chance. Maybe they should pull a Poorsha with her

With that said, people need to get over women being on these shows that arent married bc like NBA stated, the title is a play on words and it was really inspired by Desperate Housewives

Especially given the success that Eileen and Rinna have been on BH; Id love to see another soap start make the jump and Vicky would be perfect. I can already see her and Nene clashing

Edited by Cheap21