Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

• Members

NJ

That was a pretty good start. I did feel as I was watching that they were trying to recreate last season's premiere which was balls to the wall messy and it gave a hint of force. Still the organic-ness style of the episode shined through. It was great to get a catch-up on everyone slowly, but surely and seeing families (Wow, Teresa's girls have grown! Woof...Frankie can still get it! lol) before the wave known of Teresa hit. And make no mistake, Teresa was on everyone's lips. As she should be. Even if there's no reason for it. I liked she checked Marge at her pool party after trying her best to rise above the messy. Irony from last year? Yes.

I agree with Marge. I LOVE Jennifer's nose. To be fair, I am a nose guy. lol. So I wish she had kept it, but she should do what makes her happy. I also don't necessarily believe Marge's comment came from a good place. Exhibit A...that Coven wannabe subbing Jen at the pool party with a drive by just to look at her nose. Jackie giggling as she did rubbed me the wrong way. So MEAN GIRLS. Ugh. 

And then that bombshell? Jennifer...DID...NOT...FLINCH. Marge thought she was getting one over on Jen, her jealousy that Jennifer and Jackie made up like mature women. Jennifer owned that. BOOM!!! It's the hypocrispy from Marge from me. 

Still...they touched on so many things that was going on in real life while dealing with reunion aftermath. Again, good start.

THINGS I LOVED

IT'S ABOUT THE FAMILY!!!!!!! Lord, how I like seeing the ladies with their families. Teresa with the girls and feeling out how they feel about moving in with Luis. Jennifer showing us some fine resolution between her Dad and Mom drama last season. Dolores, the house, and foine Frankie. Even Jackie with the kids. This show just does it so well.

RESOLUTION. I liked that Jennifer updated us on her family drama from last season. Sometimes a housewife will have a storyline. Then POOF! It's gone. Not so much here and I liked that.

SHALL WE HAVE A PEEK? While I don't know how true it is that Big Frank has a girl, I do like the little things that they were showing from outside of the show. That fourth wall peek. The Househusbands' tour. The Luis video of course!!! Those tweets that Melissa and Jennifer sent to each other during the reunion last season where Jennifer dragged her. Can we call it reality tv if they do not include things that are going on because they are on the show? It feels like we as viewers are in on the joke. 

FRANKIE. I know, I know, but WOOF!!!

GET ON THE RIGHT TEAM, HUNNI!!! Jackie acknowledging that it's never good to be on Teresa's back side because she will come for you. Coming from her recurring nemesis? I hollered. Smart girl.

JENNIFER/JACKIE TALK. To see them at the pool party clearing the air and settling their differences. I loved it. I loved it more because they did it like grown a$% women. From a place of respect even if they disagree. Loved it. Bonus...you could see Marge's annoyance. Speaking of...

THINGS I DID NOT LIKE

REGINA GEORGE, YOU AIN'T. Just the nerve of her. Marge is feeling herself a little too much. I do like she is living up to her tagline from last year. Bringing up the Luis video. Attempting that bombshell on Jennifer. Trying to sub Jennifer with the 'minions.' And to know she is about to come for the Queen...ugh. Which is why I liked the Queen checking her at the pool party. Like Dolores basically said...you don't want this.

THE NEW HOUSEWIFE. Traci and Tiki seem nice. But so far...a little jarring for me versus the realtor from last year who I felt fit right in. We'll see how it goes. 

TRYING TO MAKE SOMETHING INTO SOMETHING IT AIN'T. Hm. Funny how Production was trying to make Luis's video seem like it was him at a gay retreat without saying it was a gay retreat. And then that cheesy video versus the ACTUAL video. Boy, bye.

And then a TBC...Lord...Girls be popping.

• Replies 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Heard on a RH podcast once how NYC and BH housewives look down on RHONJ and say they don't watch it. But NJ is the show that consistently pulls in ratings -- and viewer affection. That demo is also pretty good compared to some other RH shows. Factor into that +1 day DVR views and streaming, and I imagine Bravo is pretty pleased with this.

The fact that this happened with very little promo (I forgot NJ was back yesterday until I saw a passing mention) is even more impressive.

I've only watched half the show thus far, but it's really nice to see the women back. I buy their family stories and their relationships with each other, and I think that may partly be why it has ratings consistency -- authentic ties. Teresa's dorters are not holding back when it comes to the seventh HW, Joe Gorga (!), and Frankie remains fine AF. The Luis mystery (is he another Brooks?) is given another dimension by Frankie saying he is a great boss and kind mentor.

I haven't seen the Marge vs Jennifuh face-off, but I am primed! Can't wait to see Team Smug beaten at their own game. Now, am I right in reading in your post @Taoboi that Melissa, Marge, Jackie made fun of Jennifer's facework? Look, do I like it? Not at all. She was so pretty last year, and the new nose/chin implant were ill-advised. Jennifer said on her Instagram yesterday that the chin implant has since been removed and she didn't shy away from the commentary about how not-great it all looked. I don't think she is 100% happy with the results.

However, Melissa is on her 8th face, Marge's mouth work looks like a blowfish, and Jackie is no stranger to a dermatological makeover. These chicks think they have a level of taste and smarts that elevates them above Teresa/Jennifer/Dolores, but they really don't.

For reference:

106463514_a_p.jpg

Watch Which Celebrity Inspired Margaret Josephs' Pigtails? | Housewife to  Housewife Season 1 Video

RHONJ's Jackie Goldschneider Speaks after Old Pic with Teresa Surfaces!

Edited by Cat

• Members

NJ did great ratings last season. And with the fortcoming feud of Teresa vs Marge as well the mystery of Luis, I expect people are going to tune in to make their own judgement of him.

@Cat oh, yes, they did! It was so childish and high school I had to roll my eyes. How they treated her until Teresa and Dolores stepped in was sickening to me. 

I totally did not even think of the fact that THEY ALL had something though. That just makes it worse. 

I definitely liked that out of all of them, Jackie tried to be the better person. So far, she's coming across better this season than she usually does. Though next week appears to be what we saw in the trailer with her vs Dolores so I might take it back. lol 

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

Jennifer, Delores, and Teresa have interesting family dynamics..so I find they don't have to cause drama so much.

Margaret tries...but she needs to spruce up the personal life so she doesn't have to stir up drama.

Melissa is tied to whatever Teresa does..so I'm curious why she isn't just a friend of.

Jackie doesn't show her family or work life much...and her hubby is hot so maybe have him shirtless more.

I think the blonde with melissa was supposed to be a possible housewife?  Although this woman not only stole a married man..but it was when his wife was 8 months pregnant....too messy even for Jersey.

I think next season will need a shakeup in the cast.  Margaret vs Teresa is the last unexplored avenue with this current cast.

Lastly, Jennifer's husband cheating on her years ago does explain why she judges Margaret on cheating.  So I take back my previous statement.

SLC

I'm wondering if Lisa's hot mic moment plus her vs Meredith is an attempt to prove the show can carry on without Mary..and possibly Jen (once she is convicted..that is).

• Members

NJ

I really enjoyed the premiere and I think it comes down to the relatively organic relationships that this cast has. 

Jackie, Margaret, and Melissa are clearly friends and see some issues the same way. Although I can understand some seeing them as Mean Girls, I also think they're united on an issue. 

Jennifer is no shrinking violet and can handle anyone. I think she handled Bill's affair like a champ by owing it. She did nothing wrong and in life we make our own deals. She forgave him and moved on. Her nose...doesn't look good in the premiere. I really do not think she needed to do anything with her nose, her old one was beautiful. I think going out of country for plastic surgery has all kinds of risks, although at least in her case she speaks the language and has family in Turkey.

Margaret was messy for dropping Bill's affair like that. I did not like it. It will be interesting to see how things evolve between her and Jennifer as it looks like they have a sit down later in the season.

I loved the scenes with the husband's talking about Luis' video. All the Joes and Frank Sr and Evan are hilarious. That video was so cringe that I can't fault any one for going WTF about it. I think Margaret was actually doing Teresa a favour by telling her to just get it addressed and moved on.

Gia vs Joe is sad. Joe has been there for those girls through thick and thin and he has every right to hate Joe Giudice. I understand he's their father, but they look at him with rose tinted glasses and ignore the fact that he's a convicted criminal. 

OC

I also enjoyed this episode although I think the chemistry is off and these women appear to be co-workers.

Noella is a very strange one. She went from ballistic to apologetic with Heather in the blink of an eye.

Shannon is looking so rough. I really hope she addresses her drinking because it seems like she has a problem.

Gina's boyfriend, Travis, seems like a very nice guy. I hope they work out. 

• Members

NJ:

I enjoyed the premiere. Their interactions certainly seem more organic than some of the other franchises (OC, I'm looking at you).  

So on one hand, I think the Budget Coven have a right to want to ice out Jennifer because she talked madcore sh*t at the reunion, including baseless claims (i.e. Margaret started the rumor with zero proof of said accusation). I think it's a good beginning to a new season and the tension seems more real than conjured up as petty arguments for the sake of the show. However, I also like that Jennifer acknowledged she doesn't feel backed up by Tre/Dolores the way Jackie/Melissa/Margaret have each other's backs, so that felt organic too. 

That said, Margaret blurting out Jennifer's husband's affair was wrong and sloppy and Jennifer's swift reaction of correcting her error ("It wasn't the secretary!", or whatever the real explanation was) was a thing of beauty. She owned it without missing a beat. So a big +1 to Jennifer on that (and you guys know I prefer Margaret overall).

Another bad mark on the Budget Coven was making fun of the nose job. It just wasn't necessary, and we know a good two of the three have needed time post-surgery to have their work settle. Hell, I'm still on the fence about Margaret's new face. That mouth/jawline looks like it's about to rip if she opens her mouth too wide. 

I actually have not seen Teresa's man's video (sorry, I'm blanking on all the men's names today). Is it worth googling? 

WOW at the young ladies Teresa's little girls are becoming. The tiny one has gone from scrappy tomboy to glamazon preteen. 

Side note: Speaking of work done, Joe Gorga's lips are quite plumped and his jawline looks to have subtle injections to make it more defined, among other alterations.

And a +1 on Frankie Junior.  Woof

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

I know that I admit to being curious as well. It has to be some kind of truce that eventually happens for Jennifer and Tequila Bill to be at Marge Sr's party later in the season with Bill running around with her in his arms at one point.

Granted it's been a while since I've seen last season, but I believe the smoking gun in this was 1) the non-reaction that Marge had when Teresa brought it up at Evan's birthday party as if she already knew and 2) Marge's man spilled the beans at hearing it from women at the house during guys' night. No helped by Production repeatedly flashbacking to that moment after the fact. And he had to sit there when they were on cast trip and backpeddled with the quickness. Where there's smoke...

Please register in order to view this content

Now perhaps for some Marge had a good point by saying Teresa should get ahead of the Luis talk, but that is still not her place to say it...assuming she was saying it as a friend at all and not as someone being messy...something Marge has clearly shown last night with Jennifer. So...hmmmm. 

• Members

I'm probably alone in this, but this video is nowhere near as bad as Budget Coven [(c) @Gray Bunny] and the show made it out. I mean, it is hilarious in its, uh, intensity! And obviously Luis did something to end up there. But this is clearly some 'Get In Touch With Your Inner Man And Howl At the Wind' therapy retreat. This is what the Budgets want to pin on Luis and Teresa? Not sure it has legs.

All this is very different from Reunion when the Gorgas lavished praise on Luis compared to Juicy Joe. He was even part of the HouseHusbands touring team when the Gorgas decided to ice out the Aydins and Bill dropped out. I'm not sure what changed, except the presence of TV cameras. It feels like a return to S4 with Joe Gorga, on the outs with Teresa about her man and butting heads with Gia. Joe is the thirstiest RH and grating on me.

But I can see what you guys are saying about Team Tre vs Budget Coven. I can def see both sides' POV. And as you all pointed out, Budget Coven are united and have each others' backs. Team Tre do not. Part of it is because Teresa is the center and doesn't focus on anything beyond her own drama. She is all in on Luis and building a new life. I was surprised when she talked to Dolores, she didn't trust her enough to discuss the video. And Jennifer has been excluded by the Budget Coven with seemingly no word of protest from Teresa or Dolores? That disappointed me because i am pro-Team Tre. And I 100% felt for Jennifer defending herself against Jackie (who was kind) and Marge (who wanted to embarrass her -- and failed). Jennifer owned it and stood up to them, and at the very least should get their grudging respect for dealing with this head-on.

And P.S.: her IG post about Melissa that the show flashed to is still 100% correct in every way, lol.

Edited by Cat

• Members

I've grown to dislike the reunions because (1) they just rehash everything that they've already said on twitter, WWHL, and those YouTube after-shows (which I enjoy), (2) they effect the following season but the cast can't directly mention the reunions, so they either say "the last time we all saw each other" or "when we were in New York", and (3) so much happens in real life between the taping of the reunion and the airing of the reunion that gets lost and never discussed.

Here's my idea.  Have one reunion of just the producers, highlight the funny editing, tell some backstage gossip, and discuss how the season was put together (sort of like the RHoBH lost episode special when producers discussed the Richards sisters limo scene).  Then, have a second episode with just the peripheral players, like the guy in Salt Lake who is driving the van, Theresa's real estate agent, the various psychics, and hopefully a waiter or two in order to discuss their take on the action.

At this point I've heard enough apologies, promises to be closer, and threats for the rest of my life.  So, refresh and take things in a different direction, while maintaining a distance between the cast and audience that preserves the  voyeuristic nature of watching their lives, which is what I find appealing.

Edited by j swift