Top Posters In This Topic

• Cheap21

• NothinButAttitude

• Cat

• Taoboi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I’m surprised more people aren’t enjoying season 11! Last season I remember everybody saying they were tired of Sheree and definitely done with Kim and that the show needed fresh storylines. Kenya I’ve always loved but she always had her fair share of detractors. I find it a very enjoyable reboot. It reminds me of a good RHOC reboot. Shamari and Tanya both have potential IMO and I’m leaning strongly towards Tanya getting a second season. The more I see her the more curious I get for what happened on Tokyo that almost landed her a peach. She’s a revelation. 

• Members

I'm enjoying both ATL and NJ but for different reasons.

ATL has been mixed in that some episodes are fun (like the most recent with the Bitch Stole My Talent) while others are dull. However, I like the mix of women and don't miss Kenya in the least.

NJ, on the other hand, is having a great season full of cringe and laughs and drama. And the great thing is it's due to all of the women. They're working as an ensemble, including the awful Jennifer with her tacky house and Jackie, who ain't afraid of Teresa. And then throw in Joe Gorga and Nono (the biggest sh*t stirrer of the bunch), Margaret's Joe, Marge Sr, Danielle's Marty...and it's a great time. It's easy to watch and never dull. Danielle's wedding and her bridezilla hell approach is hilarious to watch because we all know how it implodes and Margaret is a blast. I'm even not hating Melissa (which is major). This is a season to watch. 

And the RHOBH trailer: I'm intrigued. It's easily the best trailer they've done in years and they know they have to bring it because this last season was universally panned. Everyone hated it. 

It'll be interesting to see how long LVP is in the season - if I was producing it I would give her a very dignified mid-season exit like Jeana Keough. Vanderpump Rules is important to Bravo and I don't think they want bad blood between LVP and the network.

Edited by DaytimeFan

• Members

Thank you for the NJ tip! I had let it go in the run-up to year-end, but your post inspired me to catch up on the last 3-4 episodes, and you are right. It is a fun, fluffy ensemble show with some colorful supporting characters. IMO Jennifer has nothing to offer beyond her airs & graces and her tacky house, and will be a one-hit wonder. Jackie is much smarter, and has sniffed out an opportunity to antagonise Teresa. She has also allied herself with Melissa, acting like they are best buds when it is clear the two have barely ever interacted with one another. Jackie should be careful about Melissa alliances, though -- just ask The Wakiles and Rosie who all got iced out.

Yes, I still viscerally dislike Melissa. She does try to say the right things so that she sounds like the Voice of Reason. But the fact remains that she and Joe dumped Nonno on Teresa and only ever bother with him when it is convenient for them (IOW, once every two months).

Margaret continues to bring me joy, and if I am side-eyeing the Jackie-Melissa friendship, it is because I LOVE the Danielle-Margaret friendship -- before it imploded. Margaret is probably the most generous friend Danielle will ever have, but Danielle cannot keep friends to save her life. She has been a grade-A a$$hole during the wedding planning, and she deserves to lose Margaret as a result. At the same time, that Bridezilla stuff has kept my attention. I still don't understand why Danielle is only a FOH, especially as this year is the best she has ever looked or dressed.

Re: your BH question, I worry and suspect that LVP will be powering this season right until the final episode. Her presence might be missing for 3 whole months, but her name will be on everybody's lips as they play the blame game. I am also curious what edit she finally gets because as you say VPR is STILL a Bravo ratings darling. The RH shows OTOH faced tough times in 2018.

Edited by Cat

• Members

Why am I sitting here crying about Noelle going off to college?  That was a heartbreaker. 

NJ is really good this season, minus that dud Jennifer. I’d take the OC Peggy over this one. I also don’t get why the last few episodes have been about Danielle but she isn’t given talking heads?  I still love Margaret so much, but she was a negative Nancy about the rain. That was a misstep. 

• Members

Danielle as a Friend with no talking heads makes no sense. They’ve spent two episodes in a tropical location centered around her wedding and we have no insight from her? Huh? I get it with Pandora on BH, but that was Lisa’s daughter and she planned the wedding. This just felt weird, especially the most recent episode. Considering how much she’s around I’m not sure why they didn’t just commit even if only for one season. 

I do agree with everyone that Jennifer is a total dud. She’s boring, vain and her family life isn’t interesting to me. Jackie on the other hand I love. The feud with Teresa is interesting and I like how strong she is without being overbearing. 

It’s sad that Danielle ruined her friendship with Margaret. She was a good ally to have and that won’t help her longevity on the show. Dolores is so irrelevant I’m not sure why Danielle is letting her affect her so much. Andy posted the reunion is being filmed soon so I’m guessing we have another short season. That’s a shame because I feel like they could keep this stuff going for a while since they finally have an interesting cast. I’m looking forward to their cast trip and seeing where this season goes. 

• Members

I'm in agreement with all things New Jersey. This is one of their best seasons in a loooong time, but it is weird not having Danielle talking heads just to try to understand the crazy that goes on inside her stretched head. And yes, Jennifer is all sorts of irrelevant and uninteresting. I still like Dolores, but she's riding too hard for Teresa's famb-il-y. Jackie is a strong new addition, and Margaret continues to be full of win. I didn't mind the Debbie Downer comment(s) about the rain; it was Danielle's over-the-top offended reaction that was too much. 

Danielle and her man have already split, right? 

• Members

I actually don’t like Jackie. I think she came on the show already wanting to be aligned with Melissa and it’s too obvious.

Dolores can kick rocks with her suddenly being all about Teresa. When Siggy and Jacqueline were around she didn’t care about Teresa or her family at all.

I like Jennifer but she’s too isolated. I think she’s funny.

Edited by Antoyne

• Members

Oh yes, and it's not pretty:

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/danielle-staub-my-estranged-husband-marty-caffrey-is-not-well/

Given that Danielle admits she didn't feel right getting married and that things were not well in the relationship, she was already heading down the divorce path, and in the time in which they film the talking heads, it would have been too late and the reactions to her actual wedding and how it was being shown in the episodes would have been contradictory.  That's my guess on Bravo's decision.  She also didn't go to Oklahoma so for a short season, she had already been MIA in the beginning episodes.

My theory on BH being delayed...  if you watch Vanderpump Rules, Tedi has an appearance where they're very friendly... Tedi's brother has an appearance and Lisa again goes on about how great of a friend Tedi is.  I think given the upcoming storyline on BH, they just needed to separate the airing of the shows such that timelines aren't confusing or contradictory.

• Members

Caught up on the last two episodes of NJ with Danielle's wedding and Joey's first communion. This season has been so fun to watch and these two episodes were great.

Danielle was the bride from hell and knowing how quickly the marriage imploded so swiftly after the marriage occurred it makes her behaviour all the more atrocious. My favourite scenes, however, were with the two Joes and Marty where they were warning him off, Marty was defensive and then Joe Gorga gave hilarious talking head interviews.